Access metadata (exif tags) of image taken by UIImagePickerController – iOS/iPhone
Is it possible to access the metadata of an image captured by UIImagePickerController in iOS? I understand this can be done with AssetLibrary framework for images captured by the camera application (or otherwise present in the iPhone photo library), but can a developer access any of the metadata/exif info from within an application right after a user has taken a picture? I’m looking for any type of camera exposure-level info from an image after it has been taken. Thanks!
- How to take a photo on the volume-up event when using UIImagePickerController with custom camera controls?
- Received memory warning. Level=1 when showing a UIImagePickerController
- How to adjust a image size after using UIImagePickerController take a photo?
- UIImagePickerController with camera source with allows editing yes : video trimming doesn't work
- How to convert Objective-C TOCropViewController delegate method in Swift?
- UIImagePickerControllerDelegate Methods Not Called When Delegate Not UIViewController
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Access metadata (exif tags) of image taken by UIImagePickerController – iOS/iPhone”
Apparently, you can access the metadata of an image right after it has been taken. The protocol method that is called by the system after an image has been selected is:
- (void)imagePickerController:(UIImagePickerController *)picker didFinishPickingMediaWithInfo:(NSDictionary *)info
The NSDictionary argument, info, contains a key:
Now if I can figure out how to get the exif tags or any exposure-level information from this to infer basic information about light-level I will be happy. 🙂
- how can i add splitview to my viewbased app in ipad coding
- Delay when unhiding UIButtons after presenting SKScene?
- How can I show alertview with activity indicator?
- How to NSLog into a file
- iOS7 Auto Layout, View Resize and iAds
- How to work with deferred location iOS 6?
- What is the correct way to release a GCD dispatch queue property?
- iPhone development: what will model] return for “iPad”?
- Permutations/Anagrams in Objective-C — I am missing something
- iPhone: calling order
- How can I see the full error or warning in Xcode?
- Printing &self in swift, cannot assign to immutable value of type
- Cocoapods OpenCV 2.4.10 Linker Error
- Keep playing sound with MPMoviePlayerController and locked screen?
- Do you need to delete imported files from Documents/Inbox?