Access metadata (exif tags) of image taken by UIImagePickerController – iOS/iPhone
Is it possible to access the metadata of an image captured by UIImagePickerController in iOS? I understand this can be done with AssetLibrary framework for images captured by the camera application (or otherwise present in the iPhone photo library), but can a developer access any of the metadata/exif info from within an application right after a user has taken a picture? I’m looking for any type of camera exposure-level info from an image after it has been taken. Thanks!
- Swift: How to Delete EXIF data from picture taken with AVFoundation?
- Rotating an image with orientation specified in EXIF using Python without PIL including the thumbnail
- How to write exif metadata to an image (not the camera roll, just a UIImage or JPEG)
- Swift how to modify exif info in images taken from mobile camera
- Camera image rotation issue
- Get Exif data from UIImage - UIImagePickerController
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Access metadata (exif tags) of image taken by UIImagePickerController – iOS/iPhone”
Apparently, you can access the metadata of an image right after it has been taken. The protocol method that is called by the system after an image has been selected is:
- (void)imagePickerController:(UIImagePickerController *)picker didFinishPickingMediaWithInfo:(NSDictionary *)info
The NSDictionary argument, info, contains a key:
Now if I can figure out how to get the exif tags or any exposure-level information from this to infer basic information about light-level I will be happy. 🙂
- Simple Swift class does not compile
- Converting Unichar to Int Problem
- Does a project have to be created as a sprite kit or can the framework simply be added?
- Shorthand to test if an object exists in an array for Swift?
- Scalar type in Managed Object only works for IPhone 5
- Notification in iOS using new Firebase Messaging SDK
- Swift – UICollectionView repeats (duplicate) cells
- Format realtime stopwatch timer to the hundredth using Swift
- convert string to NSDate with custom format
- Very slow HTML rendering in NSAttributedString
- How can I remove quotes from an NSString?
- Resetting Storyboard on Logout
- How to make your push notification Open a certain view controller?
- CALayer – CABasicAnimation not scaling around center/anchorPoint
- Programmatically Dial a Phone number and pass DTMF using the iPhone SDK