<AppName>.pch file usage
What is the importance of .pch file and what is the significance of”#ifdef OBJC“?
Also, where do we define parameters like “#ifdef IS_PRODUCTION” which are checked in .pch file.
- cocoa:webView which have hyperlinks to add the ` target = “ _blank ”` can not be opened
- Inserting a string at a specified line in text file using objective c
- NSString @property, using copy instead of retain
- Using MD5 hash on a string in cocoa?
- Input from the keyboard in command line application
- Change to other space (MacOSX) programmatically
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “<AppName>.pch file usage”
.pch is a Pre-Compile Header.
In the C and C++ programming languages, a header file is a file whose text may be automatically included in another source file by the C preprocessor, usually specified by the use of compiler directives in the source file.
#ifdef OBJC lets the compiler know that the code is Objective-C.
#ifdef IS_PRODUCTION is something you have defined on your own, a directive telling the compiler to do something only if this is defined, most-likely something for a PRODUCTION build.
The .pch file allows you to avoid importing common files like UIKit.h and Foundation.h. If you have those files imported in the .pch, your own classes don’t need to import them.
The significance of #ifdef OBJC is so that you don’t import headers containing objective-c code if you don’t have the compiler set to build objective c code (hence avoiding lots of compiler errors).
You define parameters such as IS_PRODUCTION inside the target’s build settings. I do it usually in “other C flags”.
- Objective-C Enumeration, NS_ENUM & NS_OPTIONS
- Loading annotations from url using background thread. Pins doesn't show before moving or scaling mapView
- Unacceptable type of value for attribute: property
- React native base headers for ios not found
- UIImage Orientation Swift
- Recording from RemoteIO: resulting .caf is pitch shifted slower + distorted
- Firebase framework not found
- swift for loop: for index, element in array?
- Objective-c iPhone percent encode a string?
- Can we use Sirikit for voice recognition
- How do I save additional content into my UIManagedDocument file packages?
- Swift: How can I change the color of keyboard background and lettering?
- iOS7: background task (“myapp” has active assertions beyond permitted time)
- Getting Framework related warning in Xcode 7.0
- Understanding iBeacon data : the power field and other bytes