Are there rate limits on silent push notifications in iOS 7?
I saw one reference to limits on silent push notifications: “Silent pushes are rate limited—a handful per hour”
(From WWDC 2013: http://devstreaming.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2013/204xex2xvpdncz9kdb17lmfooh/204/204.pdf )
I haven’t seen this documented anywhere else, and in our experiments we have not seen any such limit. Does anyone know if this is something we need to take into account? All descriptions of regular APNs seem to imply that there is no limit, and while they are not necessarily received in real time, they should eventually be delivered.
We are looking into using silent notifications as often as once a minute per device, so while not hammering the device every few seconds, certainly more than a few per hour.
- NSClassFromString() always returns nil
- “The fi bug” A weird iOS 7 attributed text bug
- Add UIView banner above status bar iOS 7
- iOS- Run/Debug/Install builds over WiFi
- UITableViewCell show white background and cannot be modified on iOS7
- How to set UITabBarItem's unselected tint, ***including system items*** (iOS7)
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Are there rate limits on silent push notifications in iOS 7?”
- Determining if UIPickerWheel is scrolling
- Get 'Touch Drag Inside' Distance When Setting IBAction From Storyboard
- Remove border in navigationBar in swift
- How to get an MP3 bit rate in SWIFT
- Dynamic Notification Interface will only work if the Watch app \ extension was opened at least once from the watch
- HTML5 SQLite vs Native Database in case of PhoneGap
- Handling login functionality for native app connecting to web service
- Need to create a select all button for UITableView and add selections to an array in iOS
- ios 8 swift – how to add footer for tableview using separate datasource
- iOS – CoreLocation and geofencing while app is closed
- location manager was created on a dispatch queue
- Animating CALayer background color and update model value
- Autoresize cell xib to tableview cell width and row height
- Tutorial on sskeychain and basic auth for iPad apps?
- Swift: how to work around issue where weak variable of type 'protocol' is illegal