Are there rate limits on silent push notifications in iOS 7?
I saw one reference to limits on silent push notifications: “Silent pushes are rate limited—a handful per hour”
(From WWDC 2013: http://devstreaming.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2013/204xex2xvpdncz9kdb17lmfooh/204/204.pdf )
I haven’t seen this documented anywhere else, and in our experiments we have not seen any such limit. Does anyone know if this is something we need to take into account? All descriptions of regular APNs seem to imply that there is no limit, and while they are not necessarily received in real time, they should eventually be delivered.
We are looking into using silent notifications as often as once a minute per device, so while not hammering the device every few seconds, certainly more than a few per hour.
- didReceiveRemoteNotification:fetchCompletionHandler not being called when app is in background and not connected to Xcode
- Suggestion on how to link APN's device token to a registered user (through phonegap or UIWebView)
- iOS - Ask to enable push notifications after initial decline
- Why registering for push notifications every time a user launch an app?
- didReceiveRemoteNotification is not running when app is running (FOREGROUND)
- How to send silent push to iOS via Google Cloud Messaging
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Are there rate limits on silent push notifications in iOS 7?”
- Change tintColor of unselected UITabBarController item title and background image
- iPhone – how to determine carrier of the device (AT&T, Verizon, etc?)
- Xcode stuck on Indexing
- Expected declaration error for making high score
- AVAudioPlayer is always nill and its isPlaying property is always false. The files are mixed while playing
- Error “No such module” when installed framework with pod in swift 3
- Calling Speech API in iOS Safari from callback
- Encrypting SQLite Database file in iPhone OS
- Weak self in closures and consequences example
- How do I use the UISearchBar and UISearchDisplayController
- How do I adjust the anchor point of a CALayer, when Auto Layout is being used?
- qt 5.7 + Xcode 8.1 + os x El Capitan – could not resolve SDK Path for 'macosx'
- SpriteKit memory management preload cached and fps issue
- Rails 4 Error with every command “`load': no implicit conversion of nil into String” (Mac OS X 10.9)
- How to draw camera video as background on IOS using Swift scenekit?