AVAudioUnitEQ / .BandPass filter doesn't work
I can’t get the
AVAudioUnitEQ to work.
Here’s a piece of code that should filter out everything except 659.255Hz +/-0.05 octaves:
// Create Audio Engine var audioEngine = AVAudioEngine() // Create Equalizer Node var equalizerNode = AVAudioUnitEQ(numberOfBands: 1) var epualizerParameters: AVAudioUnitEQFilterParameters = equalizerNode.bands.first as AVAudioUnitEQFilterParameters epualizerParameters.filterType = .BandPass epualizerParameters.frequency = 659.255 epualizerParameters.bandwidth = 0.05 epualizerParameters.bypass = false audioEngine.attachNode(equalizerNode) // Configure Audio Engine var format = audioEngine.inputNode.inputFormatForBus(0) audioEngine.connect(audioEngine.inputNode, to: equalizerNode, format: format) audioEngine.connect(equalizerNode, to: audioEngine.outputNode, format: format) // Start Audio Engine var error:NSError? audioEngine.startAndReturnError(&error)
However, when I run it, put on my headphones and sing into the microphone, I can hear myself loud and clear.
Now, according to Wikipedia, the Band Pass filter is:
… a device that passes frequencies within a certain range and
rejects (attenuates) frequencies outside that range.
What am I doing wrong? I want to filter out everything except given frequency range.
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “AVAudioUnitEQ / .BandPass filter doesn't work”
It was your EQ params.
I created a github project with sliders and switches. You can hear the difference.
This works in my project which uses a playerNode.
var format = engine.mainMixerNode.outputFormatForBus(0) engine.connect(playerNode, to: EQNode, format: format ) engine.connect(EQNode, to: engine.mainMixerNode, format: format)
I see you’re using the engine’s inputNode. Try swapping out these few lines (hook into the mixer instead of the outputNode) and let us know if it works.
- How to get the list of friend without opening FBFriendPickerViewController iOS
- Mapping a JSON object to a Swift class/struct
- How to create an image from a UIView / UIScrollView
- How to make window transparent in osx swift?
- When should I set layer.shouldRasterize to YES
- Undocumented NSURLErrorDomain error codes (-1001, -1003 and -1004) using StoreKit
- How to detect that animation has ended on UITableView beginUpdates/endUpdates?
- How to add Underline/Bold/Italicize Abilities for UITextView Swift
- Override UIAppearance property for MFMailComposeViewController
- How to use Swift struct in Objective C
- iOS Swift3 – Convert coordinate
- Ionic Cordova Camera not working
- Complete list of iOS app permissions
- Attempt to delete row containing first responder that refused to resign
- Why can't I use a subclass of a generic type in Swift?