Bonjour in the Background?
I noticed that Pasteboard, a clipboard app for iOS, can run Bonjour service in the background. I’ve no idea how they implement that, so I searched on the Internet and then found that it plays a silent sound file when in background. But it is not true now, because I can’t see the app icon on the iPod management screen. How could they do that? Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
- PAN with Linux, iOS, Bluetooth, Bonjour, GameKit — Possible?
- Transfer data between iOS and Android via Bluetooth?
- After upgrading to Xcode 6.3, on launch I now get the error: “The Bonjour service could not be resolved.”
- NSNetServiceBrowser/Bonjour issues on iOS
- CFNetwork and Bonjour integration for iPhone to Mac integration
- How to Transfer Large Files over wifi in iOS
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Bonjour in the Background?”
You could, in theory, mark your application as needing to run in the background continuously (for VoIP, or mapping). I’ve done something this in a proof of concept and it worked great.
Alternatively, this document seems to document how to do networking in the background.
- How to detect which EKevent was changed
- Which IDE for Phonegap? Is Eclipse enough?
- turkish characters ios
- Architecture linking error after Xcode 5.1 upgrade
- Splash Screen issue, Xcode/iOS 6/Phonegap
- override git from Xcode with homebrew version
- get pitch, yaw, roll from a CMRotationMatrix
- Installing SVN on Mac OS X 10.4 and accessing it using svn+ssh:// URL
- Why do Xcode templates have #imports that duplicate Prefix.pch?
- Can't Change Height of NavigationBar in NavigationController (it's much wider than normal)
- xcode 4.6 Target Build Setting missing the “Apple LLVM compiler 4.2 – … ” sections
- How can I prevent the display on an iOS device from dimming and turning off?
- Get the soundName by soundID to assign it to a UILocalNotification
- Using Swift to display title of currently playing .MP3
- Make the UICollectionView scrollable even when its not full