Bootstrap 3.0.3 glyphicons displaying emoticons on iOS 7
I use Bootstrap 3.0.3 glyphicons. All is ok on desktop browsers and on Android devices. My problem is about Apple devices (tested on iPhone and iPad running iOS7).
The glyphicons look like emoticons. I’ve found some issues but not answering my problem.
Here is the link to view the screenshot : http://www.fredericblancheton.fr/imgdisallow/image.png
Thank you for your help.
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Bootstrap 3.0.3 glyphicons displaying emoticons on iOS 7”
I had a similar problem, but only when another font was included via
font-face inside the stylesheet. It seems that mobile safari or safari in general has a very short timeout for loading fonts which are included via
I had to remove the font from the main stylesheet and add the
font-face syntax directly in the sites header using
<style></style> syntax. Weird.
We’ve seen the same problem in our app – it’s totally bizarre. It happens when the user has installed an old Emoji app (“Emoji Free!”, which I can no longer find in the app store).
The only solution was to get the user to uninstall the app.
I encountered same issue and resolved it by removing woff2 font file from @font-face. It seems iOS doesn’t support woff2.
Fix above turns out just matter of luck (timing?).
@rofflox ‘s answer which seems to be more promising and it works for me.
I just tried the solutions above and none of them worked for me. It turned out that:
- I had updated bootstrap to 3.3.6 css
- I didn’t update the font files that came with it
Getting the latest version of the font files fixed my issue with the unwanted emojis.
- How to init Fabric properly in Swift
- Extend existing protocols to implement another protocol with default implements
- CSStickyHeaderFlowLayout swift
- Transition Delegate for UITabBarController animation
- Swift dynamic cast failed – Error when trying to run unit tests
- Is it possible to cache HLS segments with AVPlayer?
- simulating app upgrade in iOS
- MultiDimensional Array in Objective c
- SpriteKiit Swift: touch a moving object
- UILabel subclass initialize with custom color
- calloc in Swift
- Xcode 9 crashes when debugging in swift
- How to use size class to make app compatible to iphone 5, iphone 6, iphone 6 plus
- RTSP video streaming for iOS
- Reason to use ivars vs properties in objective c