Build a chat application in ios using XMPP
I am trying to build a chat application in ios. I came across XMPP for ios. I am bit confused on how to move forward. Here are my doubts:
- Do I need to create an XMPP server to implement this application?
- Or are there any existing servers/services which can be used for the same purpose?
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Build a chat application in ios using XMPP”
Yes, XMPP library you found above is perfect to integrate chat in any iOS devices. Coming to your questions .
- Ideally yes, you should create your own XMPP server so that you have control over it plus there is security issue. A very popular XMPP server is ejabberd. ejabber is awesome 🙂
- Its not must that you need to setup your own XMPP server. You can use some open-source XMPP servers. Depending on your use-case you can decide.
hope this helps…
Your question is confusing because you say “create” when you probably mean “host.”
You certainly do not need to develop your own. You can set up one of many available XMPP servers, a fairly extensive list is here. There are both commercial products and open source ones.
There are also many publicly available ones that you can use. Two of the more popular today would be Google’s gtalk and Facebook chat.
Your own use case is what really determines which path you should take. For publicly available servers all the users would have to be registered with those domains to use them.
- Call parentController method from childcontroller in swift
- How to programmatically display version/build number of target in iOS app?
- Read static property from object
- in-app purchase show warning not available inapp in iTunes connect
- iPad: Detecting External Keyboard
- How to change Corner Radius of NSView in Swift Language
- Why does the xcode IDE think `friend` is a reserved-word
- Xcode 5.1 UITableView in UIViewController – Custom TableViewCell Outlets are nil
- how to dynamically switch between different localized storyboards objective-c
- xcode crash on adding localization for Info.plist with Base localization
- add an image for each slice in iOS-chart pieChart
- Stop speech recognition when user is finished speaking
- Swift 2 – Xcode 7.0 Cannot Access HTTPS site with unstrusted SSL Certificate
- how can i play remote .mp3 file in my ios application?
- iOS5 + jquery-mobile transition blinks