Build a chat application in ios using XMPP
I am trying to build a chat application in ios. I came across XMPP for ios. I am bit confused on how to move forward. Here are my doubts:
- Do I need to create an XMPP server to implement this application?
- Or are there any existing servers/services which can be used for the same purpose?
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Build a chat application in ios using XMPP”
Yes, XMPP library you found above is perfect to integrate chat in any iOS devices. Coming to your questions .
- Ideally yes, you should create your own XMPP server so that you have control over it plus there is security issue. A very popular XMPP server is ejabberd. ejabber is awesome 🙂
- Its not must that you need to setup your own XMPP server. You can use some open-source XMPP servers. Depending on your use-case you can decide.
hope this helps…
Your question is confusing because you say “create” when you probably mean “host.”
You certainly do not need to develop your own. You can set up one of many available XMPP servers, a fairly extensive list is here. There are both commercial products and open source ones.
There are also many publicly available ones that you can use. Two of the more popular today would be Google’s gtalk and Facebook chat.
Your own use case is what really determines which path you should take. For publicly available servers all the users would have to be registered with those domains to use them.
- How can you request photo gallery permissions in iOS a second time
- How do I launch an application on system startup? (Mac OSX, Cocoa)
- Swift: Move UIImage partly along path
- Class Modeling alternatives for Objective C
- PHP empty TMP_NAME on iOS Upload Image
- dismiss keyboard with a uiTextView
- How to place a UIImage in Navigationbar such that its a logo?
- In Objective-C, can I declare @property on a c-array of floats?
- Perform a parent segue from the embedded view controller
- Set constraints through code to an element from Storyboard with swift iOS8
- react-native-linkedin-sdk – Cannot read property 'configure' of undefined (LinkedInSessionManager.ios.js)
- HTML5 web app not caching when added to home screen in iOS
- Converting HEX NSString To NSData
- Setting Selected Image in Tab Bar Controller with Storyboard
- Swift: Overriding NSObject hash Without Overflow Crash