Bundle ID Suffix? What is it?
I’m new to the iPhone submission process. Apple asks for the Bundle ID Suffix. What is this? Not sure what to put here and what the significance of it is.
- UIView animated changes with auto layout constraints
- How to call a method of super.super?
- How to detect heart pulse rate without using any instrument in iOS sdk?
- Multiline UILabel with adjustsFontSizeToFitWidth
- Extending the attributes inspector in interface builder
- How to deprecate a method in Xcode
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Bundle ID Suffix? What is it?”
If you don’t have a company, leave your name, it doesn’t matter as long as both bundle id in info.plist file and the one you’ve submitted in iTunes Connect match.
In Bundle ID Suffix you should write full name of bundle ID.
Bundle ID suffix = thebestapp (NOT CORRECT!!!!) Bundle ID suffix = com.awesomeapps.thebestapp (CORRECT!!)
The reason for this is explained in the Developer Portal:
The App ID string contains two parts separated by a period (.) — an App ID Prefix (your Team ID by default, e.g.
ABCDE12345), and an App ID Suffix (a Bundle ID search string, e.g.
com.mycompany.appname). [emphasis added]
So in this case the suffix is the full string
The bundle identifier is an ID for your application used by the system as a domain for which it can store settings and reference your application uniquely.
It is represented in reverse DNS notation and it is recommended that you use your company name and application name to create it.
An example bundle ID for an App called The Best App by a company called Awesome Apps would look like:
In this case the suffix is
- Create scalable Three Line Menu Nav-icon for button in swift 2
- NSUserDefaults in Swift – implementing type safety
- OCLint not in system path
- Framework not found GoogleMaps sdk in iOS
- Swift call class function from corresponding subclass in superclass function
- Unsupported URL in NSURLRequest
- How to check if a NSData is valid for usage in UIImage
- How to create an alert in a subview class in Swift?
- Converting URL to String and back again
- How to convert NSManagedObject to NSDictionary
- CLGeocoder returns wrong results when city name is equal to some country's name (and not only)
- Constant unassigned optional will not be nil by default
- NSFileManager – Check file size?
- Add a file association with tiff files on iOS
- GCD with nested Parse Queries