contact list, SDCard files?
A website as in one opened in a browser not a phonegap application/webapp.
- Is it possible to use Mozilla Persona (BrowserID) with mobile apps?
- How to record audio on webpage (iOS, Android, PC/Mac) - no flash
- Send notification to all the devices connected to a Wi-Fi network
- Bidi Right to Left Language in Firemonkey Mobile
- Social.localUser.Image returns null in Unity3d
- Create an (repetitive high pitch) Alarm on a remote trigger when App is not running (iphone/android) just like Find My iPhone
You can’t access the mobile device file system through a website, it would be a major security problem. You might be able to steal all user files if you can access them through the browser.hope this helps.
There was an attempt at the W3C to create a browser API to access contacts from the browser.
This is often mentioned as one of the new HTML5 APIs.
However the attempt never became a real specification and never got implemented by any browser vendors. Now it is officially discontinued:
At this point in time there is no way to access the internal APIs from Android, iOS and Windows Phone via a simple website. This also precludes you from accessing aspects such as the contact list because these are all only accessible via API calls.
Am not so sure if the author of this question will still be interested in a solution but I use this on my apps, its really a handy way of access native api from html5 apps. http://bridgeit.mobi/bridgeit.html#features
Using this tool is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
Attach a BridgeIt call to some action element on your page, and provide a callback to handle returned values from BridgeIt. For instance, a button to retrieve a contact from the address book…
Access the page from your mobile browser. If the BridgeIt utility app is not already installed, you will be prompted to do so. Once the BridgeIt utility app is installed, your application can access all of BridgeIt’s native features.
Example code can be found here https://github.com/bridgeit/bridgeit.js/wiki/Contact-List-Tutorial
You can access address book using Autofill feature of safari browser in iOS devices (but settings > safari > autofill > contact info must be turn on). And the name field in must be “name, email, phone, tel, etc” to get autofill works properly. It works only in Safari but not in other browsers.
Using pure HTML
you can access files from mobile device,but you cant access contact.
- what is kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=303
- Does anyone know of a wrapper for the Addressbook framework for iphone?
- UITextField format in xx-xx-xxx
- userLocation: latitude/longitude return zero?
- Manually install Device plugin (and others) into cordova 3.0
- Error: Use of unresolved Identifier 'Process'
- Pass data from a selected cell in UITableView
- iOS TextField Validation
- How to insert Cell in UICollectionVIew Programmatically?
- Change UINavigationItem colour
- Code Sign Error in macOS Sierra Xcode 8.3.3 – resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed
- Objective C wait until an asynch task has been processed
- ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’ when running UITesting with Xcode 7
- Set the navigation bar and status bar with different colors