Can I update an iOS Enterprise App in the background like an App Store app can?
I have an iOS enterprise app that we are wirelessly distributing to our devices. Currently the app polls our server once a day to see if there is an app update. If there is, we try to install it by having the app call the following code:
NSURL *installUrl = [NSURL URLWithString:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=%@", plistUrl]]; [[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:installUrl];
This causes the app to prompt the user with an alert dialog to install the update. If they click install, the app closes and the update is downloaded and installed.
I am wondering if there is anything for enterprise apps for iOS 7 similar to the AppStore’s automatic updates? I would like to be able to update our app without the user having to press an update button and be able to update at a time when the user won’t have to wait for it to install.
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Can I update an iOS Enterprise App in the background like an App Store app can?”
The answers in these questions will give you a correct answer:
- Auto-updated iOS application for enterprise distribution
- Update In-House Apps — iOS Enterprise Developer Program
- Updating iOS apps automatically with an MDM + Enterprise license
There is a solution for this though by Stephen McMahon, but I did not test it.
Sorry, but there is no way how to download the updates on the background for enterprise apps.
- Issues with touch scroll on iOS when focusing inputs
- on iOS/iPhone: “Too many open files”: need to list open files (like lsof)
- iOS-Charts Float to Integer YAxis
- How can I mark “To Do” comments in Xcode?
- Google Objective-C API 'GTL' with Swift
- How can i create an UITableView on Xcode 4.2,for IOS 5?
- iOS 8 Swift : How to keep the keyboard displayed when the UIAlercontroller is presented modally?
- Xcode font disappeared
- About viewController's “viewDidLoad” and “viewWillAppear” methods
- Swift Xcode 7 beta 5 type cannot refer to itself as a requirement
- Spritekit/Universal images from assets not showing up on iOS 9?
- App for jailbroken iOS device: Consistent background operation
- Two UITableView in the same view
- Is there any equivalent to Android's <meta name='viewport' content='target-densitydpi=device-dpi'> for Safari on the iPhone?
- protocol typed array can't be downcast to concrete type array