Can I update an iOS Enterprise App in the background like an App Store app can?
I have an iOS enterprise app that we are wirelessly distributing to our devices. Currently the app polls our server once a day to see if there is an app update. If there is, we try to install it by having the app call the following code:
NSURL *installUrl = [NSURL URLWithString:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=%@", plistUrl]]; [[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:installUrl];
This causes the app to prompt the user with an alert dialog to install the update. If they click install, the app closes and the update is downloaded and installed.
I am wondering if there is anything for enterprise apps for iOS 7 similar to the AppStore’s automatic updates? I would like to be able to update our app without the user having to press an update button and be able to update at a time when the user won’t have to wait for it to install.
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Can I update an iOS Enterprise App in the background like an App Store app can?”
The answers in these questions will give you a correct answer:
- Auto-updated iOS application for enterprise distribution
- Update In-House Apps — iOS Enterprise Developer Program
- Updating iOS apps automatically with an MDM + Enterprise license
There is a solution for this though by Stephen McMahon, but I did not test it.
Sorry, but there is no way how to download the updates on the background for enterprise apps.
- UINavigationController 'corrupted navigation bar' issue
- NSURLConnection getting JSON File
- How can we put two line in UIBarButtonItem in Navigation Bar
- iOS7 issue with modal view controller segue from custom cell selection
- SCNPhysicsWorld Error
- NSString boundingRectWithSize returning unnecessarily tall height
- Countdown Timer
- Can I manually prompt the user to log in to Game Center on iOS 7?
- How do I get a plist as a Dictionary in Swift?
- Migrating UIWebView delegate to WKWebView delegate method
- Provision Profile doesn't include signing certificate
- Is it possible to get TouchID information and compare to a fingerprint database?
- Settings IBOutlets to nil in dealloc
- Check live if UITextField is not empty
- How to search in a plist to retrieve a value for a specific key