Can we start an iBeacon transmitter in the background?
I have an iPhone app, in which I have created a transmitter and a receiver, both. But, the transmitter stops transmitting when the screen is locked or the app is sent to the background.
Can I keep transmitting (a.k.a. advertising, broadcasting) while still in the background?
- Understanding iBeacon data : the power field and other bytes
- locationManager:rangingBeaconsDidFailForRegion:withError: kCLErrorDomain 16
- How to wake up iOS app with bluetooth signal (BLE)
- Connect to iBeacon
- Is it possible to discover Gimbal beacons with standard iOS libraries
- iOS iBeacon / Bluetooth connectivity when app is dead and gone
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Can we start an iBeacon transmitter in the background?”
Unfortunately, no. iOS does allow background advertising of Bluetooth Services, but only using a proprietary technique that breaks the iBeacon advertising format. As a result, if your app starts transmitting as an iBeacon, then switches to the background, its transmission will still exist, but it will no longer be picked up by iBeacon detectors. See here for more information:
…you should be aware that advertising while your app is in the background operates differently than when your app is in the foreground. In particular, when your app is advertising while in the background …[a]ll service UUIDs contained in the value of the CBAdvertisementDataServiceUUIDsKey advertisement key are placed in a special “overflow” area; they can be discovered only by an iOS device that is explicitly scanning for them.
The bottom line is that iOS devices cannot transmit as iBeacons when they are in the background.
- xcode is creating generic xcode archive instead of iOS App Archive
- What's the easiest way to resize/optimize an image size with the iPhone SDK?
- Display the list of my twitter followers in ios 5 app?
- ABRecordCopyValue not working when object doesn't exist
- Close button on adaptive popover
- Auto Layout in UICollectionViewCell not working
- iOS video streaming and storing on device afterwards
- How to stop MPMoviePlayerViewController's automatic dismiss on moviePlaybackDidFinish?
- How to get the 'n' weekday of a Date
- My app is getting crashed on UIDocumentPickerViewController
- iPhone registerForRemoteNotificationTypes does not generate an error but does not fire delegate that gives device token
- iPhone Simulator 3.x not listed after upgrading to XCode 3.2.3 Beta4 with OS 4.0
- how can I send vCard through sms message in code?
- How to detect whether custom keyboard is activated from the keyboard's container app?
- Change of UITextField placeholder color