cannot build project with xcode 8 beta 6
I am getting following error after I add a library via carthage –
library name compiled with older version of Swift language (2.0)
than previous files (3.0) for architecture x86_64
Unable to compile AWS CustomIdentityProvider on xcode 8 beta 6 “Cannot inherit from non-open class” swift How to declare exponent/power operator with new precedencegroup in Swift 3? Usage of withMemoryRebound with Apples Swift 3 beta 6 UIImagePickerController's cameraViewTransform is ignoring 'scaling' and 'translation' on iOS 10 beta Xcode 8 beta 6: main.swift won't compile
I have tried it with Argo library. (https://github.com/thoughtbot/Argo)
I have selected the correct xcode version using xcode-select utility.
What could be the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated
- Xcode8 beta 6 - URLSession with completionHandler argument not working
- Unable to compile AWS CustomIdentityProvider on xcode 8 beta 6
- Xcode 8 beta 6: main.swift won't compile
- Unrecognized selector UIDeviceRGBColor countByEnumeratingWithState:objects:count:
- Xcode 8: custom description in suggestion
- Swift3 : how to handle precedencegroup now operator should be declare with a body?
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “cannot build project with xcode 8 beta 6”
From what I learned, looks like you can’t have libraries written in different versions of Swift.
In my Obj-C project I had 2 libs installed with CocoaPods
I updated the first one using the swift3 branch on github, and I converted the second one with Xcode.
Everything is building properly now!
This is happening as you’ve included another library (via cocoa pods or by linking the library directly etc…) which is compiled (or being compiled) in swift 2.
I’ve seen this a lot with Cocoapods (and Carthage)
- NSDate Comparison using Swift
- Will Appstore reviewers allow us to use dynamic library in iOS8?
- iOS 7 Fade status bar text in and out?
- Run NSRunLoop in a Cocoa command-line program
- How to manage the code of multiple, very similar Xcode projects
- Xcode tableview how to select ONE row in EACH section
- Keyboard loses hiding ability “if I use a UIAlertView”
- What is a non-fragile ABI?
- Finding out whether a string is numeric or not
- AVPlayer stops playing and doesn't resume again
- Spritekit Joystick
- How do I get QuickLook to show offline files?
- NSError * vs NSError **
- Editable NSTableView with Bindings won't set values in model
- How can I find and replace inside a selection in Xcode?