Cannot compile Cocoapods with XCode/Obj-C – “Pods-prefix.pch.dia: No such file or directory”
I am using XCode 4.5.1 and iOS 6.0 base SDK.
Here is the error I am receiving:
i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2: /Users/fahim/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Currenthiphop-emodxxwwaiojlcboaxuodksuwuww/Build/Intermediates/PrecompiledHeaders/Pods-prefix-evibdktwbatdnbabmrlnderfsxxi/Pods-prefix.pch.dia: No such file or directory
There is only 1 file in the Pods-prefix-xxx directory:
Here is my Podfile:
pod 'LibComponentLogging-Core' pod 'LibComponentLogging-LogFile' pod 'LibComponentLogging-qlog' pod 'LibComponentLogging-pods' pod 'Facebook-iOS-SDK' pod 'RestKit'
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
- Modify the Bounding Box Size of 3D model
- Fetching user profile data from LinkedIn in iPhone sdk
- Instruments > Allocations not showing app classes/objects
- This bundle is invalid. Apple is not currently accepting applications built with this version of the OS. (Mavericks)
- committing project to source control in Xcode
- UIButton long press with finger stationary
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Cannot compile Cocoapods with XCode/Obj-C – “Pods-prefix.pch.dia: No such file or directory””
I actually found this solution right here that details opening up Xcode using normal means (Finder or the Dock), as opposed to using the
open <Workspace>.xcworkspace command. I’ve always used Xcode from my dock, whereas the other developer (who couldn’t build the project and was getting the error you were) was using the
open command from the command line. Once he opened Xcode from the Dock, and manually browsed to open the project that way, he could build it successfully.
If you are using CocoaPods 0.18.0, this might be cause by CocoaPods and is fixed in https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods/issues/956
Extra quote in “$(inherited)” was the cause (https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods/blob/master/lib/cocoapods/generator/xcconfig.rb#L150). It should not be quoted. If you remove them from the xcconfig the project will build again. You may want to check your xcconfig and see if there are extra quote.
This issue can be caused by a few different factors but in my case and the case of some colleagues, this resolved the missing pch.dia
Uninstall CocoaPods and install
sudo gem uninstall cocoapods sudo gem install cocoapods -v 0.17.1 --verbose
Lock your Kiwi version to 2.05 if Kiwi is one of your pods:
target :KiwiUnitTest, :exclusive => true do pod 'Kiwi', '2.0.5'
Clean your Xcode project including Derived Data. Close down Xcode, re-open the project and build.
- How to authenticate iOS/iPhone users with remote web application and re-use authentication ticket in future requests to the same web application?
- Swift protocol extension method is called instead of method implemented in subclass
- Xcode 8 recompiling complete code every time
- Can't subclass UIColor?
- LLDB (Swift): Casting Raw Address into Usable Type
- How to combine/ merge 2 images into 1
- Why am I getting an error about being unable to dequeue when my UITableView tries to load?
- Adding Colours (Colors) Together like Paint (Blue + Yellow = Green, etc)
- How to open Acrobat Reader to read pdf file?
- How to use dylib file in application?
- How to I pass @selector as a parameter?
- NSInteralInconsistencyException – UIKeyboardLayoutAlignmentView
- Objective C Equivalent of PHP's “Variable Variables”
- How to call class methods in the iOS simulator with lldb?
- NSPredicate to get children's children's