Can't scale device window in iOS Simulator
On the 24″ iMac I’m using at work I cannot scale the iOS Simulator’s window. The 100% and 50% menu entries are greyed out (and the keyboard shortcuts don’t work either.)
On my Mac Mini at home, it’s fine. I’ve searched high and low for someone with a similar problem, and can’t find anything logged. Any ideas?
- iPhone: add entry to /etc/hosts without jailbreaking
- How to overlap UITableViewCells?
- Fire a notification at a specific day and time every week
- iOS 7 Status Bar Collides With NavigationBar
- Swift UIViewReportBrokenSuperviewChain cause by Layer manipulation
- Any Way to Run a project with Pod files Where Cocoa-pods is not Installed?
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Can't scale device window in iOS Simulator”
The options will only be there if your screen is not large enough to show the window at 100%.
With Xcode 9 – Pick & drag any corner of simulator to resize it and set it according to your requirement. And all user interface elements looks fine with any scale of simulator window.
According to Xcode 9
50% Scale ⌘ 1 command + 1 100% Scale ⌘ 2 command + 2 200% Scale ⌘ 3 command + 3
For Xcode 9, we detect the size of your screen. If it isn’t large enough to display the window we disable the relevant scaling option.
As Krunal points out you can now drag to scale the window to whatever arbitrary size you want so this shouldn’t be a problem. (In previous releases you could only pick from pre-defined sizes; the window itself was not resizable).
- Entitlements are not valid
- Attach a video in SKPSMTPMessage
- NSPredicate: Fetch one of each kind
- JSON parsing swift, array has no value outside NSURLSession
- Filling an array with core data attributes
- How to copy CAlayer object in iOS?
- Why .bounds] is not returning full screen size?
- How to retrieve number of hours past midnight from an NSDate object?
- Loading UIView from a nib file without guesswork
- How to use SCNetworkReachability in Swift
- How can I concatenate NSAttributedStrings?
- Pass data through segue
- setting the first responder view of the table but we don't know its type (cell/header/footer)
- How to display an image on a MKOverlayView?
- Can't change UITabBarItem.image: Unsupported pixel format in CSI