Change icon on of an App in iOS 4 in run-time
How can I change the icon of my App in iOS 4 at run-time the way the icon of the Calendar app changes based on the date today?
I want to publish a 4 digit number number once per day without the user having to open the app to chaeck it.
- Understanding Instruments memory allocation log on iOS
- writeToFile fails - how do I debug WHY it fails (what tools)?
- How do I create and cancel unique UILocalNotification from a custom class?
- dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/Alamofire.framework/Versions/A/Alamofire Reason: image not found
- How to cancel or stop NSThread?
- Error Uploading Screenshots to new iTunes Connect
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Change icon on of an App in iOS 4 in run-time”
The best you can do right now within the bounds of Apple-sanctioned APIs is to add a red badge with a number to the icon using the UIApplication
applicationIconBadgeNumber property. Not sure if it’s big enough to fit 4 digits though.
That’s if you want to set it while the app is open. To update the badge in the background, you will need to either post a
UILocalNotification (if you know ahead of time when and what the badge should say), or use push notifications.
There is no way to do this using the iOS SDK (you can badge your icon, but you can’t modify the icon itself.) If you would like to see this feature added to iOS, file an enhancement request at http://bugreporter.apple.com.
- CFBundleShortVersionString must be a period-separated list of most three non-negative integers
- how to split strings in objective c
- Is there any guide for iOS runloop mechanism?
- iOS app first launch
- Can you give UIStackView borders?
- AWS Cognito iOS Developer Authenticated Identities
- How Do I Get Audio Controls on Lock Screen/Control Center from AVAudioPlayer in Swift
- How to change the status bar background color and text color on iOS 7?
- NSSortDescriptor issue
- Is it possible to update a localized storyboard's strings?
- My app crashes when running on my iPhone, but not in the simulator. What are some debugging techniques I can use to reso the issue?
- Dropbox iOS SDK: WebKit Discarded an Uncaught Exception
- Is there an alternative method to use onbeforeunload in mobile safari?
- UISegment value changing when tableview get scrolled
- How to stop an image from stretching within a UIImageView?