Change icon on of an App in iOS 4 in run-time
How can I change the icon of my App in iOS 4 at run-time the way the icon of the Calendar app changes based on the date today?
I want to publish a 4 digit number number once per day without the user having to open the app to chaeck it.
- AVAssetDownloadDelegate methods for HLS caching not getting called
- Automatically adjust height of a NSTableView
- Getting index of a character in NSString with offset & using substring in Objective-C
- iOS - Using several view controllers for a single screen
- (iphone) UIImageView setImage: leaks?
- NSMutableDictionary thread safety
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Change icon on of an App in iOS 4 in run-time”
The best you can do right now within the bounds of Apple-sanctioned APIs is to add a red badge with a number to the icon using the UIApplication
applicationIconBadgeNumber property. Not sure if it’s big enough to fit 4 digits though.
That’s if you want to set it while the app is open. To update the badge in the background, you will need to either post a
UILocalNotification (if you know ahead of time when and what the badge should say), or use push notifications.
There is no way to do this using the iOS SDK (you can badge your icon, but you can’t modify the icon itself.) If you would like to see this feature added to iOS, file an enhancement request at http://bugreporter.apple.com.
- In Objective-C, how do I test the object type?
- Stripping All Exif Data in Objective-C
- + — what's the point?
- Upload things to a FTP in Objective-C iOS
- Swift JSONDecode decoding arrays fails if single element decoding fails
- How do I encode enum using NSCoder in swift?
- presentModalViewController in viewDidLoad on first launch
- “The Bonjour service could not be resolved.”
- How do I tell my UITableViewCell to “auto-resize” when its content changes?
- Get UIImage from function
- Apple MDM Vendor CSR Signing
- How to log into web site using uiwebview with swift?
- React Native, NavigatorIOS, undefined is not an object (evaluating 'this.props.navigator.push')
- Round doubles in Objective-C
- Background location tracking: iOS