@class May I know the proper use of this
Anyone can point out a documentation or a detailed discussion using @class.
I’ve been using this but haven’t really fully understood it.
I want to learn more about it and fully understand it.
Thank you in advance.
- Map Annotations in iOS 6 don't stay rotated when user pans the map
- Adding items to scrollview in storyboard (size inspector appears to be locked)
- What does the Xcode 4.2 preference “Support Wirelessly Connected Devices” do?
- Images.xcassets taking wrong image for the iPhone 6?
- CFBundleLocalizations info.plist - How to put multiple languages
- get UDID of IOS device programmatically?
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “@class May I know the proper use of this”
@class is used to declare a class. Essentially telling the compiler: “Hey, there is a class with this name somewhere in the source code. The definition will come later, but let me use its name as a pointer type for now.”
SO: Class vs Import
Note: As pointed out by Richard J. Ross III, the
@class keyword allows for circular references (when two classes both depend on each-other) without breaking the build.
// header.h #import <Foundation/Foundation.h> @class reference; @interface class ... @end // implementation.m #import "header.h" #import "reference.h" @implementation class ... @end
you use this when you have a class that is referenced circularly between multiple files, and you import the header that contains the class described by the
@class directive, and you can safely refer to the class circularly.
@class is used as a forward declaration typically in .h files. What it does is it says that a class named ClassName actually exists without having to import and read the ClassName.h file since it, mot probably, will be imported by the .m file
- unwrapping multiple optionals in if statement
- Iterate Dictionary with dictionary data and add it to an array in swift
- Listening for events in a UIWebView (iOS)
- 360 degrees spinnable object from a photographed real object
- iOS permission Alerts – removing or surpressing
- FCM Push notification not working in iOS 11
- App rejected, but I don't use UDID
- How to remove some option from the iOS Native Sharing abilities?
- How to play a video from either a local or a server URL in iOS
- 'bytes' is unavailable: use withUnsafeBytes instead
- Xcode Project Icon files and Organiser Archives artwork
- How to convert bytes to a float value in swift?
- Xcode 7.3.1 autocomplete code completion not working
- Synchronizing read/write access to an instance variable for high performance in iOS?
- How to connect map annotation view buttons with database to go to another view?