com.facebook.sdk error 2 on iOS
I have a Phonegap app that runs on both iOS and Android. The app has a Facebook login feature which worked until a few days ago. A few of our beta testers have reported an ‘The operation couldn’t be completed com.facebook.sdk error 2′ error. The devices of these testers vary: iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPod Touch, iOS 5.1.1 and iOS 6.0.
We use the latest Facebook SDK and a Phonegap Facebook login plugin (https://github.com/davejohnson/phonegap-plugin-facebook-connect/).
I’ve done some research and found the following reasons why this error could occur:
- BundleIdentifier and BundleURLName in my info.plist file don’t match the Bundle ID under Native iOS app in the settings of my Facebook app.
- The app is still in Sandbox mode
- The app is disabled in the Facebook Settings (device’s settings -> Facebook -> Allow These Apps To Use Your Account).
- iOS 6.0 doesn’t allow for the asking of read and write permissions at the same time (not sure if I have this right).
The following is the case:
- The BundleIdentifier and BundleURLName match.
- The app isn’t in Sandbox mode.
- The app doesn’t appear in ‘Allow These Apps To Use Your Account’ of every user
- The builders of the Phonegap plugin said to have fixed the iOS 6.0 permissions bug (https://github.com/davejohnson/phonegap-plugin-facebook-connect/pull/216)
It’s a very inconsistent bug (in my case). I can only reproduce the error myself if I switch off the app in ‘Allow These Apps To Use Your Account’ (in my case the app is listed there), but I can easily fix the error by allowing the app again. At the moment most of the testers don’t have this bug (anymore), but the error remains on an iPod (where the app isn’t listed in ‘Allow These Apps To Use Your Account’ either).
Does anyone have any idea why I’m having this bug?
- get facebook user email and user first/last name with Phonegap FB Plugin for IOS app
- Generating iOS and Android icons in Cordova / PhoneGap
- Open an external link in Safari (cordova)
- iOS Phonegap Media Object - How do I access a resource in the WWW folder?
- Media Query not working for iPhone and iPad
9 Solutions Collect From Internet About “com.facebook.sdk error 2 on iOS”
Turns out: a com.facebook.sdk error 2 can translate into a number of things. I’m looking for some kind of Facebook SDK error translation table, but I’m unable to find one. In my case:
The com.facebook.sdk error 2 happened because the connection timed out. Users who got this error had a bad network/WiFi connection.
We implemented an error logging system, which logged the error details every time an error happened while logging into Facebook. In those logs we could see a com.facebook.sdk error 2 happening quite a lot, but it being resolved every time the user tried to log in again after a few seconds.
It might be due to my inability to find the right documentation, but I was and still am quite frustrated about the vagueness of these SDK errors. There is a lot of documentation about permission asking (which can result into the com.facebook.sdk error 2), but apparently this error can be caused by more things. It would be nice to see this documented somewhere as well.
This happened for an app that I was using. I was able to get around it by going to my iPhone settings, selecting Facebook, tapping on my name, and clicking “delete account.”
Afterwards I was able to sign in with the app without issue.
I went back to settings | facebook and resubmitted my credentials.
The app still works fine.
I had this bug when I forgot to check Native iOS App (in Facebook Developers Page) and typed-in my Bundle ID, which is same as Bundle identifier in your Xcode project. (including your project name at the end.) I also had the setting in Facebook Developers Page which enabled SandBox mode. I disabled Sandbox mode too to get this work.
I was figuring out the reason of this error for a long time as far as I work with old iOS 5.0 for bigger devices coverage. I’ve just recieved error 400 through facebook request debug. So finally, I figured out that the reason was in unknown FBSessionDefaultAudience for FBSession (was testing at 6.0+ and native facebook api gave me an error reason). And when I used
+ (BOOL)openActiveSessionWithPublishPermissions:(NSArray*)publishPermissions defaultAudience:(FBSessionDefaultAudience)defaultAudience allowLoginUI:(BOOL)allowLoginUI completionHandler:(FBSessionStateHandler)handler;
this error finally dissappeared.
Go to Settings app -> Facebook -> Your App -> Switch it off and back on again.
This worked for me, and didn’t require me to actually delete the fb account and log back in as @seans23 suggests. If it hadn’t worked, I would’ve tried that next, but this apparently did trick in resetting the state.
This approach worked for me. (iOS 8)
- FB “Log in” button didn’t open FB app nor FB in Safari
- Popped FB SDK err. 2.
- “My App” wasn’t showed in the FB Settings in order to be enabled for use.
- Clear Safari Web Cache (it may be optional)
- Remove Facebook app
- Remove Facebook Messenger
- Install your app and log in
The idea is to remove both the Facebook App and the Messenger.
For me the reason was that I was testing my app on simulator. I wanted to share a photo and the dialog just didn’t come up so I plugged in my iPhone and everything went smoothly afterwards!
we had the same issue. As it turns out, reason is really in timeout on FB side, and especially if this timeout occurs while “FB login” page is still on, and user clicks on “cancel”. In that case, error 2 is always retuned. So, if you want to repeat and test this situation, just click on “cancel” button while connecting on FB.
In my case I created the app with my companies account and forgot to add my personal profile with a Developer Role. After I figured that out everything went smoothly.
- simple alert view for connection check in a web view
- “This app contains an app extension with an illegal bundle identifier” issue
- UITableView, Image in cell isn't showing, despite showing in UI View Hierachy inspector
- Adding UITabBarController to a UIViewController
- Core Data (Mac) How to implement auto increment on an ID field
- Make struct Hashable?
- Adding Linker Flags in Xcode
- Adding blur effect to background in swift
- swift 2.0 keychain type errors for SecItemCopyMatching
- iOS Gyroscope API
- AVAudioPlayer and AirPlay – possible?
- Convert NSString separated by comma to NSArray
- Swift: detecting intersection from sprite kit SKShapeNode drawings
- iphone – UIGestureRecognizer prevents UITableView from scrolling in Xcode 4.5
- overriding static vars in subclasses swift 1.2