Could use some clarification on arm architecture settings in Xcode
From what I’ve read, the iPhone 5 will use a new architecture,
armv7s. My project had valid architectures as
armv7, and had
Build Active Architecture Only set to
true. Since every app in the store right now is built for
armv7, I can’t imagine that it will not run on the new iPhone. So what occurs? Does it just not run as well as it could?
I could just use a better explanation of what is occurring, and what would be different once I rebuild and submit with
armv7s as a valid architecture.
- what is the fastest FFT library for iOS/Android ARM devices?
- How to deal with compiler optimization problems
- Optimizing RGBA8888 to RGB565 conversion with NEON
- iOS simulator on mac is running i386 architecture, not armv7?
- How do I use the ARM assembler in XCode?
- duplicate symbols for architecture armv7
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Could use some clarification on arm architecture settings in Xcode”
First, it’s armv7, not arm7 (yes, there is a difference). I can’t seem to find any docs on the specifics, but I imagine armv7s adds support for some optional ARMv7 features, e.g. VFPv4/FMA, or UDIV/SDIV integer division instructions. I can’t imagine the difference will be noticeable unless your app deals with a lot of math or graphics.
Edit: see this link for the changes made to LLVM for armv7s support. From what I see, it’s indeed just VFPv4 and integer divide, plus some changes to the instruction scheduler. Apparently the CPU codename is “Swift”.
- “Pausing” the Game in Swift
- How to create an IPA on XCode 4.3.2
- How to check for an active Internet connection on iOS or OSX?
- Loaded the nib file but the view outlet was not set
- Jumping warped cursor
- How to get user details using twitter api v1.1 (Twitter error 215)
- Best practice when implementing copyWithZone:
- Do I need to wrap my Alamofire calls inside dispatch_async?
- How to parse JSON code to Swift 3 Table View data?
- External library usage in xcode
- clang: error: unsupported option '-static-libgcc' on Mac OSX Mavericks
- Display List of Episodes from List of Podcasts
- Unique Constraints do not work
- Swift NSMutableData append Byte
- How can I do a Swift for-in loop with a step?