Could use some clarification on arm architecture settings in Xcode
From what I’ve read, the iPhone 5 will use a new architecture,
armv7s. My project had valid architectures as
armv7, and had
Build Active Architecture Only set to
true. Since every app in the store right now is built for
armv7, I can’t imagine that it will not run on the new iPhone. So what occurs? Does it just not run as well as it could?
I could just use a better explanation of what is occurring, and what would be different once I rebuild and submit with
armv7s as a valid architecture.
- Is there a “best practice” for Organization in Xcode 4?
- How to change entire copyright notice template for Xcode?
- Can I disable autolayout for a specific subview at runtime?
- iPhone - Cannot run apps from XCode on iOS 5.0.1 device, since iOS update from 5.0
- CGFloat addition bug?
- Xcode 4 shows no files after loading project
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Could use some clarification on arm architecture settings in Xcode”
First, it’s armv7, not arm7 (yes, there is a difference). I can’t seem to find any docs on the specifics, but I imagine armv7s adds support for some optional ARMv7 features, e.g. VFPv4/FMA, or UDIV/SDIV integer division instructions. I can’t imagine the difference will be noticeable unless your app deals with a lot of math or graphics.
Edit: see this link for the changes made to LLVM for armv7s support. From what I see, it’s indeed just VFPv4 and integer divide, plus some changes to the instruction scheduler. Apparently the CPU codename is “Swift”.
- How to set Arabic text to right and English text to left on same label
- iOS draw filled Circles
- Changing icon of package created by package maker
- Incompatible pointer type sending 'Class' to parameter of type 'NSDate *'
- To Get all Images from Photo Library in iphone
- How do I apply a stylesheet just to the iPhone (and not IE), without browser sniffing?
- How to apply different easing effects to sprite action?
- How to make an universal iOS library for both Objective-C and Swift?
- How do I easily strip just a comma from an NSString?
- : object cannot be nil – how determine where is the error?
- Does a parent have its children's physicsBodies?
- How to make round corner button which supports all device in iOS
- Swift iOS Remove microphone key from keyboard in code
- XCode iPhone simulator does not look like an iPhone
- Putting a video to pause state before playing