Creating a good custom emoticon chat experience on iOS
I’m trying to come up with possible implementations for what is basically an expanding
UITextView with the capability of typing inline images.
There are literally dozens of open source projects I’ve seen that handle creation of labels with custom emoticons, UIWebViews that draw your images inline with text and so on, but none that don’t run over the native UITextView behavior:
- Magnifying glass
- Selection tooltip and capability
- Double space for period
The only app I’ve seen on the app store that gives a good, robust experience with typing custom emoticons is Viber.
So the question is – how did they do this? Any ideas, notes or references would be greatly appreciated.
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Creating a good custom emoticon chat experience on iOS”
The only thing that comes to mind is this, but I’ve never touched it. You might make something useful if you can make certain code points render the way you want, like the built-in emoji.
- Can we do VOIP push notification using Twilio iOS SDK?
- RestKit and AFNetworking build error
- How to programmatically differentiate between iphone 4 and iphone 4S?
- iOS 7 Status bar with Phonegap
- Convert NSAttributedString into Data for storage
- Create A UIViewController Extended Class With A Custom Initializer
- Xcode 7.3 Syntax Highlighting and Code Completion issues with Swift
- How can I change the UIWebView background color after sliding down UIWebView to fix the iOS7 status bar overlay issue?
- Remove println() for release version iOS Swift
- FBSOpenApplicationErrorDomain error 3 when trying to launch a watch kit app on a physical device
- Pick random element of NSArray in Objective-C
- parse json using objective-c
- How do I include libxslt in my iPhone app?
- Today's extension iOS10 Show More/Less