Creating a good custom emoticon chat experience on iOS
I’m trying to come up with possible implementations for what is basically an expanding
UITextView with the capability of typing inline images.
There are literally dozens of open source projects I’ve seen that handle creation of labels with custom emoticons, UIWebViews that draw your images inline with text and so on, but none that don’t run over the native UITextView behavior:
- Magnifying glass
- Selection tooltip and capability
- Double space for period
The only app I’ve seen on the app store that gives a good, robust experience with typing custom emoticons is Viber.
So the question is – how did they do this? Any ideas, notes or references would be greatly appreciated.
- iOS - Async NSURLConnection inside NSOperation
- Get an Accurate Time Difference Between two NSDate?
- How do I write a custom init for a UIView subclass in Swift?
- Converting a CGRect of a object in a subview in UITableViewCell in UITable to CGRect with respect to self.view
- Facebook SDK Login dialog appears twice
- Problem when deploy to real device: The identity used to sign the executable is no longer valid
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Creating a good custom emoticon chat experience on iOS”
The only thing that comes to mind is this, but I’ve never touched it. You might make something useful if you can make certain code points render the way you want, like the built-in emoji.
- IPA generated by swift is so big, about 5MB
- EXC_BAD_ACCESS signal received
- Wait for background request to finish in Alamofire and array is loaded before continuing swift
- How to correctly implement transfer of settings from iOS app to watchOS2 complication
- How to convert String to NSDate?
- Secure contents in Documents directory
- How to call viewDidLoad after ;
- Lazy load images in UITableView
- What could be the reason for this error during build – 'undefined symbols for architecture i386″
- Selecting the text just updated with replaceRange(range: UITextRange, withText: String)
- receiver type *** for instance message is a forward declaration
- How to make an UITextView scrollable when the keyboard appears?
- How to fill outside overlay circle in iOS 7 on map
- feasible to not declare ivar but use in synthesize?
- How to resize UIView by dragging from its edges?