Deleting/Removing Group in Xcode
I seem to be having a very odd problem with my iPhone project in XCode4.
By accident, I seem to have dragged a new group I created out of my main project group:
When I try to move the group back into the project group, XCode crashes. When I try to delete the group by dragging it to the trash can, no such luck either. Is this because it’s an iPhone project, and I somehow have messed up the entire directory of groups?
- Force a specific localization to be used for a target
- iTunesArtwork breaking release submit to app store
- How can I move files & folders using git in Xcode 4?
- In iOS 5.1 app; Why can't I see the Exception?
- XCode4 and Core Data: How to enable SQL Debugging
- Xcode is not using 'Header Search Path' to find my header files
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Deleting/Removing Group in Xcode”
I figured it out.
I had this empty group or folder whatever it is (let’s call it “stubborn group”) at the same level than my project. I wasn’t able to delete it since the option was disable when I right clicked on it.
This is how you can remove the “stubborn group”
- Right click on your project and select “New Group from Selection”
This will create a new group named “New Group” and put your project in it
- Now drag your project outside of “New Group” to the top (not inside) of the “Stubborn group”
- Next is to highlight both groups and “Delete”
Not even the “delete button on my keyboard” was working for me. I edited the ProjectName.xcodeproj/project.xcworkspace/contents.xcworkspacedata file to remove the Group
element. Xcode4 noticed that the file was changed by another application, asked if I wanted to keep the change, and closed the project. I re-opened the project and the group was gone.
Solved- I hit the delete button with the group selected, and clicked “Continue” when presented with the error dialogue, which ended up removing the group.
- Processing payments to users in iOS
- UIPercentDrivenInteractiveTransition doesn't get to animation's completion on fast gesture
- How to update a UI label from a non UI thread in iOS
- Swift: Getting 'Snapshotting a view that has not been rendered..' error when trying to open a URL in safari from my app
- Undefined symbols for architecture armv7 when adding CocoaAsyncSocket
- AutoLayout complains about constraints for 2 UITextFields with no borders
- Combine UIPageViewController swipes with iOS 7 UINavigationController back-swipe gesture
- BOOL issue in Objective-C
- Duplicate Symbol Error
- NSCache to store images for UITableView In Swift
- Position MBProgressHUD at the Bottom/Top of the screen
- How to open settings from my iPad application (Objective-C)
- Using Codable on a dynamic type/object
- Xcode – SenTestingKit not found
- Accessing IP Address with NSHost