Did Apple change their app archiving method?
We’ve been fighting to get our app under 20 MB so that over-the-air downloading would work, and with our last release 2 weeks ago we succeeded.
It took a bunch of trial-and-error to get right, but eventually we cut our app down to 27MB (uncompressed), which showed up in the store as 19.5MB.
All seemed well, until we did a minor code update to fix some bugs, when suddenly the app store version of the app ballooned to the full uncompressed 27MB size! I just checked the distribution archives, and the newer binary is actually 2k smaller than the older one.
Does anyone have any idea what would cause this?
- Workaround to submit app to app store with Xcode 7
- View Objects don't connect to the File's Owner
- Signing app in XCode: specified item could not be found in the keychain
- How do I draw on an image in Swift?
- clang: error: -Z-reserved-lib-stdc++: 'linker' input unused when '-c' is present after update to xCode 4.4
- Align text fields using dynamic constraints
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Did Apple change their app archiving method?”
In http://www.alexcurylo.com/blog/2010/05/22/tip-shipping-app-size/ there is a way to calculate the final size. In short:
- open the .app bundle via right-click -> Show Package Contents (on Mac)
- locate the executable file and remember its (uncompressed) size (Size “A”)
- delete the executable from the bundle
- zip the bundle and remember the bundle’s compressed size (Size “B”)
- Size “C” are the 100 KB from the additional files added to the bundle by Apple.
The final calculation for the maximum size of your App is as follows:
A + B + C = maximum size of your App after approval
(uncompressed executable size) + (app bundle compressed but without executable) + 0,1 MB = maximum size of your App after approval
- inputAccessoryView's UIToolbar turns black when rotating in iOS
- In Objective C, why am I allowed to assign an NSArray to an NSMutableArray without error or warning?
- cordova run with ios error .. Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args:
- Learn about the NSXMLParser in iOS
- Swift – Increment Label with Stepper in TableView Cell
- iOS web app: disable autofocus on input text field
- core data application is Crashing in iphone device
- How to get cell atIndex in UICollectionView with swift?
- Generate keyboard events for the frontmost application
- Storyboard: How do I let Xcode automatically update frames when I change layout constraints?
- How can I format currency depending on decimal value?
- Meaning Of Different Status Codes In APNS Error Response Packets
- when redirect with code 302, WKWebView cannot set cookie
- Remove the “Today” entry from UIDatePicker
- Error after upgrading to xcode 4.6 and iOS 6.1 “used as the name of the previous parameter rather than as part of the selector”