Difference between launch image and splash screen
I was going through IOS Human Interface Guidelines.
It was mentioned as
Display a launch image that closely resembles the first screen of the application. This practice decrease the perceived launch time of your application.
Avoid displaying an About Window or a splash screen. In general, try to avoid providing any type of startup experience that prevents people from using your application immediately.
Please help me with differentiating launch image with splash screen. Please clarify the two points.
6 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Difference between launch image and splash screen”
Launch image is the image that appears when you launch your app, the images you put in the xcode (iphone, iphone retina, ipad landscape, ipad landscape retina, ipad portrait and ipad portrait retina)
Apple recomends using a screenshot of your app main window, so it appears that your app launch faster (I use a screenshot without buttons)
Splass screen is, for example, the screens the games use, where you can see the company logo and some other info, some of them even use 2 or 3 splass screens. You have to include them programmatically
Launch Image is displayed when the app loads.
Splash screen means, that you display a view with about information as your startscreen. Your User should use your app immediately.
The launch image is designed to make the perceived launch time of you app feel faster by showing something resembling the interface that will be loaded as quickly as possible. Displaying a logo does nothing but draw attention to how quickly your app loads and adds nothing to the user’s experience.
If your bundle have default.png then apps takes as a launch image and it remains on screen for 3 seconds
In iOS splash screen means when you provide any image named Default.png in the bundle and before executing the mainWindow it is just loading that image in the iPhone screen. So, Default.png image is considered as the Splash Screen in iPhone.
While you load the mainWindow in the iPhone application, you can assign any image that can be viewed in the screen in the specific size as given that is called the launch image.
So, launch image that is one which we provide run time when application launches and starting the main-window. And here launch image can be dynamically changed based on program written while Default.png / splash screen will be fixed for the application.
Please let me know if you still have any question?
Launch Image may take a little short time. It shows when app loading starts into iphone volatile memory. it shows for very short.
Splash screen means, that you display an Image until your necessary information loading not complete. Like, U can see any loading image before start any heavy game. When all data loading complete then this screen removed and game statrs.
It may shows for little long. !
Launch Image is displayed when the app loads. It is designed to make your app feel faster by showing something resembling the interface that will be loaded as quickly as possible.
Splash screen means, that you display a view with about information as your start screen. Your User should use your app immediately.
- iTunes Connect warning: “Your binary doesn’t support iPad”
- My button's titleLabel become “…” on iOS10
- UIWebView not finishing loading?
- why storyboard ui elements not showing on UIViewController in xcode 6?
- Is there a place to put a category import statement so all classes see it?
- UIPageViewController gesture is calling viewControllerAfter: but doesn't animate
- How do I implement an Objective-C singleton that is compatible with ARC?
- When does the copying take place for swift value types
- How to use a 'Container View' in iOS?
- Copy target file to another location in a post build step in CMake
- When sever side adding new item that time how to load table view?
- How do I show and/or hide a subview using swift
- iOS: Scroll up to refresh
- How to refactor a core data model to make two existing entities inherit from a new abstract entity
- error when using a bundle in an iOS project / how to create a correct bundle?