Disassemble default iOS apps with otool
When I try to disassemble the stock iOS apps (not app store ones) with otool it isn’t split into different methods. It’s just one massive section. Here’s the command I’m using:
otool -tV theApp.app/theApp >~/Desktop/output.txt
Is there a way to get the disassembly split into methods?
- using assembly code inside Objective c program (Xcode)
- creating constant jump table; xcode; clang; asm
- How does the Objective-C runtime retrieve the list of classes and methods?
- Decompilation possibilities in iOS and how to prevent them
- Building C++ and Assembly source in Xcode
- How to see assembly code in xcode 6
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Disassemble default iOS apps with otool”
No, there isn’t. Those applications have been stripped, which means they contain no information about where functions begin or end. However, since objective-c is dynamic, any objective-c methods will have their name and address in the objective-c segment. You can get this information using
otool -ov, but it is easier to interpret it if you use class-dump-z, which provides objective-c headers and will include the addresses of each method if you use the
-A option. After you have the addresses, you can go through your file and separate it into methods manually.
- Dictionary printing results backwards
- Using UILongPressGestureRecognizer For Subviews of UIScrollview
- “This game is not recognized by game center.” iPhone Development
- Can apple push notifications send more parameters than alert and sound?
- Error itms-90035
- iOS view transform animation
- WatchKit Image Animation wait for finish
- Images in UITableView keep re-loading and wrong images flash while scrolling
- What's the difference between Optional<T> and optional types in Swift? Extending Optional to carry error information?
- EXC_BAD_ACCESS at lauch for EAGLContext renderbufferStorage: fromDrawable: in Cocos2d app whie debugging
- Reading random values from an array
- IOS Parse how do I retrieving objects from a query based on two classes?
- How to retrieve user's current city name?
- NSURLSession + server with self signed cert
- Close app when internet is not available