dyld: Library not loaded. Reason : no suitable image found

I’ve looked at a bunch of answers here and none have fixed my issue.

I have an Xcode workspace with a custom framework and an iOS app project. The project has been working fine until this morning, now it builds but immediately crashes:

  • Downcasting in Swift with as and as?
  • Filter Core Data results by property IN array
  • Saving custom attributes in NSAttributedString
  • Retain cycle in completion block
  • How to read data from NSFileHandle line by line?
  • Quick way to find what thread asserted in gdb?
  • dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/ONCKit.framework/ONCKit
      Referenced from: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/4DF67A3F-6255-4276-8812-8C742A363995/atero_t.app/atero_t
      Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
        /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/4DF67A3F-6255-4276-8812-8C742A363995/atero_t.app/Frameworks/ONCKit.framework/ONCKit: mmap() error 1 at address=0x100118000, size=0x000B8000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/4DF67A3F-6255-4276-8812-8C742A363995/atero_t.app/Frameworks/ONCKit.framework/ONCKit
        /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/4DF67A3F-6255-4276-8812-8C742A363995/atero_t.app/Frameworks/ONCKit.framework/ONCKit: mmap() error 1 at address=0x100280000, size=0x000B8000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/4DF67A3F-6255-4276-8812-8C742A363995/atero_t.app/Frameworks/ONCKit.framework/ONCKit
    

    I’ve been experimenting with build settings all day and I’m just totally lost.

    5 Solutions Collect From Internet About “dyld: Library not loaded. Reason : no suitable image found”

    I came across this issue today and resolved it the same way. Revoke and regenerate code signing solves this issue. But to shed some light on the “why” part of it.

    Apple went ahead and changed the certificate contents. To be more precise, it added a new “OU” (organizational unit) field under Subject. By revoking and regenerating the code signing, it added the missing field and the problems went away.

    Incase this helps anyone, none of the solutions I kept finding on the web were working for me. Pulled my hair our for 2 days, and tried everything. I revoked in-house cert, new provisioning profile, added files to embedded, etc.

    Could not for the life of me figure out what was wrong until I noticed that in Keychain access my Apple WWDR and iOS Distributions certs were being set to "Always Trust" instead of “Use Systems Default”. Switched my certs back to "Use Systems Defaults" and everything went back to working as it should. I have no idea why and how this works but it did.

    It turns out that Xcode cache some device specific stuff which can get mixed up if you are running your apps on multiple devices. The simple fix is to delete Xcode cache. The following command clean it up for you

    rm -rf "$(getconf DARWIN_USER_CACHE_DIR)/org.llvm.clang/ModuleCache"
    rm -rf ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData
    rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.dt.Xcode
    

    Just for any other people that, like me, come across this problem more recently and are wondering where and how exactly to revoke which code signing entity (it’s in Preferences > Account):

    Everything was working fine for me, too, in the morning. I read somewhere else about rebooting. So, before going through another lengthy signing-identities-provisioning-profiles session, I just restarted my machine. And that fixed it apparently without any further efforts needed.

    Swift, Xcode 7.3 on OS X 10.11.4.

    Clean Xcode’s derived data

    Launch Finder > Go > Go To Folder > Paste the line below

    ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData
    

    Now restart Xcode.