Example for iPhone portrait landscape adaptive UI which is backwards-compatible with iOS 7
I have read this thread
How can Xcode 6 adaptive UIs be backwards-compatible with iOS 7 and iOS 6?
and especially the answers from Dave and Joey.
Still I am having a hard time getting a simple example to work:
xcode 6, size classes enabled, iPhone iOS 7, uibutton width 100 on portrait mode, width 400 on landscape mode. And say width 600 on iPad.
I just can’t get this to work. I tried different combinations of setting width constraint, but either the button width is 100 in both orientation modes, or 400, but never different.
I would appreciate if someone could give me a guide, which constraints have to be set on which size class to achieve this.
- how to save and read array of array in NSUserdefaults in swift?
- How do I import a Swift file from another Swift file?
- UICollectionView Cell Spacing based on device screen size
- How should a Swift + Objective-C project be setup for Unit Testing
- New iTunes connect interface — should it IMMEDIATELY be seen on “Prerelease”?
- XCode 6.3 immediately raises SIGABRT on thrown Objective-C++ exceptions
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Example for iPhone portrait landscape adaptive UI which is backwards-compatible with iOS 7”
For iPhone, Deploying an App With Size Classes on Earlier iOS Versions said that the value of the height component should not be compact for earlier version. But in Adaptivity and Layout, the landscape mode of iPhone is Compact height and Compact Width, which means that iPhone landscape mode of size classes will not work for earlier version.
- Running a background task in iOS at a specific time in the future
- Xcode Server ibtool Build Failures
- as! vs as operator in Xcode 6.3 in Swift
- Code signing Error: Application failed codesign verification
- UIButton vertical alignment doesn't work
- Screenshot in swift iOS?
- UICollectionView moveItemAtIndexPath:toIndexPath: issues moving items not on screen
- Is anyone get Address-Sanitizer (known as asan or -fsanitize=address) work for iOS?
- Is it possible to get the launch time of PID?
- File transfer between android and iPhone via bluetooth?
- Use of MBProgressHUD Globally + make it singleton
- Catching NSInvalidArgumentException from NSExpression
- Measuring the UITableView Scrolling Performance – iphone
- The actual result of name resolution in the class template is different from the c++ 03 standard
- Undefined symbols for architecture armv7, ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7 – what to do?