Fat binaries in iOS
Is it possible yet to build 32bit and 64bit ‘fat’ binaries for iOS? My understanding was that this was coming down the line but I can’t see an obvious way to do it in the latest update to Xcode?
I want my application to run in 64bit mode on 5S and 32bit on 5 and below (obviously),
I did read the docs:
Applications can now target iOS 5.1.1 and later while building for 64-bit using the “Standard architecture (including 64-bit)” build setting. This produces an Archive for the App Store with a single binary containing both 32-bit and 64-bit components. During development and testing, you must build only 32-bit when targeting an iOS 5.1.1 device (this is the default in Xcode).
However this is not clear regarding if it’s possible to build a 32 and 64bit fat binary with a target deployment of iOS 7
- how to stop xcode5.1 building for 64bit
- objc_setAssociatedObject function error in 64bit mode not in 32bit
- OpenCV with xcode error: Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
- What is a non-fragile ABI?
- Core Image face detection broken on 64 bit iOS?
- Swift - release build crashes unless I turn off optimization
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Fat binaries in iOS”
Yes, it’s possible. Make sure that you turn off “Build for Active Architecture Only” first. Doing this in XCode 5 and using Standard Architecture will produce a binary with armv7 and armv7s code, so adding 64bit support should do the same.
If you have any third party libraries, be sure to check for updates that support the new devices.
- Check for slow internet connection iOS
- Class variable defined at @implementation rather than @interface?
- UIAlertView is Not Working in Swift
- Notify WatchKit app of an update without the watch app requesting it
- Can't setup VPN connection using Network Extension Framework iOS 8 in Swift
- How to play youtube video without UIWebView or detect video player when youtube video start playing using webview?
- How to split newline from NSString in ObjectiveC
- How to use Cocoapods in a Swift framework?
- Implementing iOS Maps style page curl gesture interactions
- How to send a POST request through Swift?
- Xcode 4: My iPhone projects have become Mac OS projects.. and I can't change this
- iPhone app localize and change name of the app based on each country app store
- Swift compile error, subclassing NSValue, using super.init(nonretainedObject:)
- How can I schedule local notification for the following scenario?
- Sort array into dictionary