Fetching user profile data from LinkedIn in iPhone sdk
Using IOS, I am trying to integrate the LinkedIn into the application.
The integration is also working,user login is also working but the I am not able to fetch the data of user profile with all records of user as Education,Skills and all.
I am able to get only these four values after successful login.
Can anyone please to get all the values rather than these.
Thanks in adavance.
- NSArrayM insertObject:atIndex:]: object cannot be nil'
- Issue with uploading an image using Alamofire(has image as a parameter)
- How to make UIView animation sequence repeat and autoreverse
- ffmpeg won't ./configure in iOS5.1
- Load Multiple Prototype Cells into UITableView
- Captive Wifi Popup: Click a link to open Safari
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Fetching user profile data from LinkedIn in iPhone sdk”
The question was to get the profile data from LinkedIn after login.
The demo application is from https://github.com/ResultsDirect/LinkedIn-iPhone
We have to do changes in “-(RDLinkedInConnectionID *)profileForCurrentUser ” this function.
The function is located at LinkedInClientLibrary -> Classes -> RDLinkedInEngine this location.
We just have to change the below url to get data.
NSURL* url = [NSURL URLWithString:[kAPIBaseURL stringByAppendingString:@"/v1/people/~/ "]];
To get the user profile data just change the url to:
NSURL* url = [NSURL URLWithString:[kAPIBaseURL stringByAppendingString:@"/v1/people/~:(id,first-name,last-name,maiden-name,formatted-name,phonetic-last-name,location:(country:(code)),industry,distance,current-status,current-share,network,skills,phone-numbers,date-of-birth,main-address,positions:(title),educations:(school-name,field-of-study,start-date,end-date,degree,activities))"]];
From this url we can get the data of the profile user.
To get more fields from user profile refers these links:
To get data according to fields we have to mention the parent of that fields and needed fields from that.This is listed in https://developer.linkedin.com/documents/profile-fields this link.
If we want data from education so we have to mention as
educations will be the parent and other data in brackets() are its fields which we can get from profile.
Hope this will work with you also.
the above explanation given by Micro is correct ant appropriate
To get the email id from LinkedIn only change the url
NSURL *url = [NSURL URLWithString:@"http://api.linkedin.com/v1/people/~:(id,first-name,last-name,maiden-name,email-address,formatted-name,phonetic-last-name,location:(country:(code)),industry,distance,current-status,current-share,network,skills,phone-numbers,date-of-birth,main-address,positions:(title),educations:(school-name,field-of-study,start-date,end-date,degree,activities))"];
and you will get the email
or you want more help you can follow the stack overflow link
Not able to fetch Linked connections EMAIL ID
- UITableView Section Index overlapping row delete button
- Changing playerItem of AVPlayer in UITableView
- Scrollview like foursquare with maps + list
- Carthage: How to get the very latest version of a given repository?
- disable scrolling in a UITableView (iPhone SDK 3.0)
- Create an Array in Swift from an NSData Object
- Is there a way to know when an app is deleted in iOS?
- How to create a custom themed NSButton without subclassing NSButtonCell?
- When should I use the weak or strong qualifier with IBOutlets?
- Number of alpha pixels in CGContext
- Code loses syntax color in Xcode 4
- Getting NSFetchedResultsController, NSSortDescription and sectionNameForKeyPath to work together
- UICollectionView 3 column grid, 1px space?? (image included)
- SKEmitterNode isn't removing itself from parent?
- Firebase observeSingleEvent stays in memory