Framework not found GoogleToolboxForMac
After I update my Firebase via “pod update”, I got error like this :
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-F/Users/bennysantoso/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FCM-atfcxuircoryufazlomgwfgmvaqm/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/GoogleToolboxForMac' ld: framework not found GoogleToolboxForMac clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Here my Podfile :
# Uncomment this line to define a global platform for your project # platform :ios, '9.0' pod 'Firebase/Core' pod 'Firebase/Messaging' target 'BB' do # Comment this line if you're not using Swift and don't want to use dynamic frameworks use_frameworks! # Pods for BB target 'BBTests' do inherit! :search_paths # Pods for testing end target 'BBUITests' do inherit! :search_paths # Pods for testing end end
Does anybody know about this error?
I seek out relationships GoogleToolboxForMac and Firebase, but I just get a little bit of information.
FYI, I use Swift 2.3 and Firebase 3.8.0.
I will be grateful for any help you can provide. Thanks!
7 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Framework not found GoogleToolboxForMac”
I had the same error. Once you install the pods, you’ll see the following message.
[!] Please close any current Xcode sessions and use MyApp.xcworkspace
for this project from now on.
I didn’t notice this for the first time and was trying to build the project using the regular xcodeproj file. After I saw this message, I opened the right project and it worked fine.
Once you open this project you’ll notice that you have two subprojects. One would be your project, and another would be the Pods project.
GoogleToolboxForMac is a dependency of Firebase/Messaging. Details in the podspec. When doing “pod update”, Cocoapods should set up your workspace to build and link GoogleToolboxForMac.
It sounds like something about your workspace is in a bad state. Does Product -> Clean help? What about deleting Derived Data and the ModuleCache (Xcode -> Preferences -> Locations -> Derived Data)?
It shouldn’t be necessary, but you could also try explicitly adding pod ‘GoogleToolboxForMac/Logger’ to your Podfile.
In my case all integration are well-done and also did try so many time to remove and reinstall pod but did not get success.
Finally try with below step
Projetc->Manage Schemes -> Select check box “Pods-MyProjectName”
And get success.
This was fixed by adding $(inherited) in the Build Settings -> Search for LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS.
This is understandable, since when updating your pod file for the latest versions of libraries which your project depends on, the debug output tells you where you need to add all the $(inherited) flags:
Closed the project that I was trying to build after I did pod install then opened the .workspace and then everything builds perfectly.
Framework Not Found
When using Pods, we usually face this issue.
There are two main reasons for this
- When we open the .xcodeproj file instead of .xcworkspace as mentioned by izaaz-yunus in this Answer
When Build Active Architecture Only is set to Yes in Build Settings
This applies to the projects target and also to all the targets in the pod project
Main Project Screenshot
Pod Project Screenshot
- Select Build Settings (of main project, pod project both)
- Select each Target one by one
- Set Build Active Architectures to No for each target
Finally clean and rebuild your project.
Friends, you must be confused with the exact result, as i was. So, i feel to share the screenshot that might be helpful. We all had to be careful that we need to change the flag for property **"Build Active architecture Only"** for **pod target** to **NO** And build, it would not show the linking error. See the attached screenshot. Screen Shot 1, Screen Shot 2, Screen Shot 3 [Select Pods] [Select Targets in the pod] [Change flag to No] : /images//E7mjX.png : /images//wCwET.png : /images//KVGKM.png
- Change tab bar tint color on iOS 7
- how to change my String Value into Array by removing “()”
- UIGraphicsGetCurrentContext() short lifetime
- How to make same iOS Swift App with only some differences in the code and assets with scalable and clean mode
- iOS: Rounded rectangle with border bleeds color
- Add a string property to a UIButton in Swift
- UIActionSheet Tinting
- Renaming umbrella header
- Reference type inside value type
- Apple rejected app 10.6 because Facebook opens Safari to login
- Create csv file from array of data in iOS
- Locking an object from being accessed by multiple threads – Objective-C
- iOS Animate table view cell into full screen when tapped
- Making Gradient Background in Swift – The Right Way
- Having problems reading settings while using InAppSettingsKit