Geolocation is not working in iOS 8 simulator
After running the app in iOS8 simulator, I am getting the notification ‘Allow “MyApp” to access your location while you use the app?’ But it still shows the error
locationManager::didFailWithError (null) after allowing the location service to use the app. I have tried to close the simulator and run it again and again. Also it seems that location service is active (Settings > Privacy > Location services > MyApp > While Using) by checking the settings in the simulator. By running the same app in iOS 7 simulator is working fine and able to detect the lat/lng.
FYI: I am using Xcode 6 to build the application.
Any help/suggestion will be helpful.
- Cordova 3.1.0: Plugin not found or is not a CDVPlugin
- jQuery mobile button press event slow to process
- Cordova: How to set Platform-specific config.xml file which is not overwritten after cordova build?
- phonegap: cookie based authentication (PHP) not working
- linking against dylib built for MacOSX file '/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib' for architecture i386
- PhoneGap on iOS with absolute path URLs for assets?
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Geolocation is not working in iOS 8 simulator”
it sounds strange but it really works at least on my Xcode 6 Project. Make also sure to add the required Keys to your Projectname-info.plist file (e.g NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription -> as a Key)
Next check your scheme (Product -> Scheme -> Edit Scheme -> Allow Location Simulation)
If you are using a gpx file you can also mark it as a default location.
Now you can start your simulator by pressing the run button (play symbol). As soon as your application started you will get notified for the permission.
The final fix now is to go to iOS Simulator -> Debug -> Location and change the location by choosing one out of the list except the custom location. Wait a little and change it back to custom location if it didnt change back by itself.
It worked for me,
hope for you too
In iOS Simulator -> Debug -> Location, choose one
that will be alright,
- AVAudioPlayer not playing audio in Swift
- Parsing multiple arrays from a JSON object in Swift
- “Pushing the same view controller instance more than once is not supported” exception
- How can I concatenate NSAttributedStrings?
- UIWindow endDisablingInterfaceAutorotationAnimated error appears in console when keyboard is dismissed interactively from collectionView in iOS9 only
- Does AFNetworking have backgrounding support?
- AudioQueue how to find out playback length of queued data
- How do I change my iOS applications' entitlements?
- Xcode 4.2 Lion not installing / running project on older devices. iPhone 3G 4.2.1
- Getting mp3 artwork crashes on iOS 8 but works on iOS 7
- __unused Flag Behavior/Usage (GCC with Objective C)
- .app file not found in Derived Data
- Is it possible to set custom font & size for NSString?
- How do I start an Asychronous NSURLConnection inside an NSOperation?
- how to model a parse class to include isliked, isfollowing fields along with the PFQuery results