Getting safari history from phone
I’m creating a custom browser application.
apart from the sites visited from my browser, i’d like to show the history of the sites visited from safari browser as well.
From my application, can I get the history of the web sites visited from safari browser on iphone or ipod or ipad?
- Data corrupt after converting byte to NSData
- Creating a left-arrow button (like UINavigationBar's “back” style) on a UIToolbar
- Converting a xcodeproj in-app purchase to a pkg file from terminal (Bash) or how to convert a xcarchive file to a pkg file?
- UIButton gradient not working
- Xcode 6 - How to pick signing certificate/provisioning profile for Ad-Hoc distribution?
- Share image from bundle and link on Facebook in iphone
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Getting safari history from phone”
Simply put NO, you can’t access the Safari History. Apps are sandboxed.
If this is for an in-house app, then you could jailbreak the phones and go around the sandboxing like so –
We can find the
/var/mobile/Media/Safari/ and this we can read in jailbreaken iPhone.
see this SO link: How to access iPhone Safari History in an App?
Simply put, you cannot. The history is stored in a property list outside of your applications sandbox and you cannot access it.
On the jailbroken side, there is a History.plist located at
You can’t. There is NO API to access Safari’s browsing history.
I got it. Please follow following path then you will retrieve Browser history for iOS7 iPhone.
In iOS7 safari app not a system app. When you open Applications folder then you can find history and other plist files.
- Implementing PageMenu / initializing view controllers from storyboard
- Record audio on iPhone with smallest file size
- how to make xcode run a script before dependencies?
- Swift: String can't be nil, so why can stringByAddingPercentEncodingWithAllowedCharacters be nil?
- Difference between nil, NIL and, null in Objective-C
- How to subclass NSOperation in Swift to queue SKAction objects for serial execution?
- how to write synchronous query call for firebase?
- How do I access a file from Xcode’s “Supporting Files” group, in app?
- Coredata relationship issue
- Swift 3.0 writing Image to Directory
- How to track crash in IOS5?
- Swift: NSTextField numberStyle not calling action
- Open Specific View when Opening App from Notification
- Read-only and non-computed variable properties in Swift
- Is it possible to create a universal iOS framework using bitcode?