Getting safari history from phone
I’m creating a custom browser application.
apart from the sites visited from my browser, i’d like to show the history of the sites visited from safari browser as well.
From my application, can I get the history of the web sites visited from safari browser on iphone or ipod or ipad?
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Getting safari history from phone”
Simply put NO, you can’t access the Safari History. Apps are sandboxed.
If this is for an in-house app, then you could jailbreak the phones and go around the sandboxing like so –
We can find the
/var/mobile/Media/Safari/ and this we can read in jailbreaken iPhone.
see this SO link: How to access iPhone Safari History in an App?
Simply put, you cannot. The history is stored in a property list outside of your applications sandbox and you cannot access it.
On the jailbroken side, there is a History.plist located at
You can’t. There is NO API to access Safari’s browsing history.
I got it. Please follow following path then you will retrieve Browser history for iOS7 iPhone.
In iOS7 safari app not a system app. When you open Applications folder then you can find history and other plist files.
- Dynamic UITableView inside static cell
- Xcode with iOS – Creating a library in a way that is easy to run in debug mode, distribute, iterate
- UICollectionView only calling didSelectItemAtIndexPath if user double taps, will not call when user single taps
- How to define colors in XCodes' Interface Builder?
- UITableView add cell Animation
- Create UITextField Extension in Swift with custom styling
- iOS – UIPasteboard not working outside app
- Objective-C Default Argument Value
- Build Static Library in XCode 4.6 for Simulator
- How to set content inset for UITextView in ios
- The working copy '<Project Name>' failed to commit files – Couldnt communicate with helper application
- iPhone upload multipart file using AFNetworking
- Phonegap/Cordova Build error – Apple Mach-O Linker Error: no such file or directory: libCordova.a
- Bluetooth peer to peer networking APIs iOS
- respondsToSelector send to deallocated object