How can I Pause a NSOperation in a NSOperationQueue?
I need to pause a running NSOperation which was inserted in an NSOperationQueue. Currently I am canceling all operations and restarting them. But this would lead to some kind of duplication in terms of process done. I tried with setSuspended flag of NSOperationQueue. But it’s not suspending the operation. Is there any way out?
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “How can I Pause a NSOperation in a NSOperationQueue?”
see this: Link
And here from the apple docs:
Suspending and Resuming Queues
If you want to issue a temporary halt to the execution of operations, you can suspend the corresponding operation queue using the setSuspended: method.
Suspending a queue does not cause already executing operations to pause in the middle of their tasks. It simply prevents new operations from being scheduled for execution. You might suspend a queue in response to a user request to pause any ongoing work, because the expectation is that the user might eventually want to resume that work.
I’ve not tried this, but I would probably start here:
- add a
isPausedflag to your
- implement a copy/move method for the operation’s data
- if paused,
setCancelled:(watch for this change in
- create a new operation moving the state from paused operation to new operation
- adjust priority to reorder operation order in queue, if you like
- add the clone to the queue
- return from
note that this will just suspend it. if you really want to pause and explicitly resume, you would manually ‘new operation` when you want to resume.
now, if you are observing or have special completions, then you will have a few other problems. for simple cases, it seems this approach would seem to work fine.
- How to intercept touches events on a MKMapView or UIWebView objects?
- Aligning right to left on UICollectionView
- UITapGestureRecognizer unrecognized selector sent to instance
- ios avplayer trigger streaming is out of buffer
- Playing a video stream on iOS7
- Swift 2 Protocol Extensions and Conformance for Objective-C Types
- Safe way to render UIVIew to an image on background thread?
- Google Objective-C API 'GTL' with Swift
- How to make NSSearchField send action upon autocompletion?
- How To Customize 'More' Button of UITabBarController?
- Automatic JSON serialization and deserialization of objects in Swift
- Turn off Zooming in UIScrollView
- Query SQL Server Database from native iOS Application
- Xcode 8 (Swift 3) Command failed due to signal: Killed: 9
- User set time for notification in swift