How could I query Firebase geo locations without GeoFire in order to return results based on distance between two points?
Firebase just updated their sdk to 3.x and the current version of GeoFire 2.x doesn’t work.
What I would like to know is the best way to store geo location values so that I can query firebase so that we only return location with in a defined radius around the user.
Example: user defines that they would like all items that are within 20 miles or less from them.
I wonder if I could store a single value from the latitude and longitude that would allow me to quickly query for this data? Or maybe that isn’t the right approach ?
- Swift - How Can I use 'shouldChangeTextInRange' with Firebase for real time searching?
- Firebase FCM silent push notifications for iOS
- How can I separate testing and production data in my Firebase Database?
- Getting a let value outside a function
- Firebase iOS sdk error __gxx_personality_v0 not found
- Firebase dynamic link not opening the app iOS
Solutions Collect From Internet About “How could I query Firebase geo locations without GeoFire in order to return results based on distance between two points?”
It is not possible using pure firebase without implementing some sort of geohash (it is what geofire does). You could use an externa index stored in elastic search or in redis for example
- What does shift left (<<) actually do in Swift?
- Xcode's shared workgroup 'Unreachable' after Snow Leopard/Xcode upgrade
- Iphone: Checkmarks in UITableview get mixed up when scrolling
- Load an image to UIImage from a file path to the asset library
- iTunes File Sharing app: realtime monitoring for incoming datas
- Swift #available keyword vs respondsToSelector
- How to stop a video in AVPlayer?
- Memory leak every time UIScrollView is released
- Check existence of global function in Swift
- How to disable popup menu items like Select, Select All, Suggest…, Define (on UIWebView)?
- How to check if a file exists in the Documents directory in Swift?
- Sending “NSString *_strong*to parameter of type _unsafe_unretained id* ”change retain/release properties of pointer
- High resolution/retina display app icon file names for the new iPad
- In a UITableView, best method to cancel GCD operations for cells that have gone off screen?
- Run code after the app has terminated… Possible? (Xcode 8, Swift 3)