How do I compile mac osx app developed on 64 bit Mac OSX to run on 32 bit?
I am writing a program in mac osx mountain lion 10.8 in Objective C/C++ . The machine is 64 bit.
I am new to mac world coming from windows .Net development and C/C++
The program has to be compatible with platoform 10.5 mac osx Leopard and onwards both 32bit/64bit.
And the goal is to have single installer/release for 10.5 – 10.8 32bit/64bit
My understanding is (May be I am wrong , please correct me) that If I compile it on 10.8 Lion 64 bit the program will not run on for example on a 10.5 32-bit versions but may run on 10.5 64 bit (ofcourse I have to test it).
Given my platform 10.8 64 bit can I make xcode compile the app for 32bit/64bit and have one release rather than two variations ?
On linux/windows if I compile a 32bit program it will run on 64 bit platforms too, but not the other way around I am not sure how xcode/mac can achieve my purpose.
- How to download a file (iOS/Cocoa SDK) from URL where file name is not the part of URL
- USB Connection Delegate on Swift
- Xcode: How to use separate Projects with cross-project references to embed a framework in your application?
- Execute a terminal command from a Cocoa app
- Silence “table of contents is empty” warning
- How can I build a Mac package on linux? (BOM file problem)
Solutions Collect From Internet About “How do I compile mac osx app developed on 64 bit Mac OSX to run on 32 bit?”
Set the Base SDK to Current version of Mac (ex. 10.7)
Set the Deployment SDK to older version (ex.1.4)
Change Deployment target as :
Change Base SDK as:
Just above this you will find architectures, you can change them to 32 or 64 as your need
- Application Loader ERROR ITMS-90062
- Xcode-Increment build number only during ARCHIVE?
- Class are being linked more than once in target
- UILabel UILongPressGestureRecognizer not working?
- Different ways of getting current interface orientation?
- Compiling libical
- Add a storyboard view as a subview of a programmatically created view
- NSURL errors with caret ^ in string
- Swift: Force show Navigation Bar in Modal
- Convert NSDictionary to Swift Dictionary
- GCD vs performSelectorInBackground/performSelectorOnMainThread
- Code sign error : bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
- How to set UICollectionViewDelegateFlowLayout?
- Present a modal view controller with transparent background
- Memory management in Coregraphics (iOS)