How do i install additional packages for Xcode on OSX Lion to allow MacPorts to work
When I try and install MacPorts it complains
‘Xcode is not installed, or was installed with UNIX Development (10.5+) or Command Line Support (10.4) deselected.’
I do have Xcode installed from the Appstore so I guess I just have to install these extra parts but how ?
Ive read a couple of questions on Stack Overflow about this but I think the answers must be outdated as they do notmake sense for me, I do not have an Xcode dmg I can reinstall from, and I can’t see anything useful in /Developer either, or any preferences within Xcode itself.
I only want Xcode for the purposes of using Macports so I’m not familiar with it.
- Compile libogg for iOS using Xcode5.1 error
- Class Foo is implemented in both MyApp and MyAppTestCase. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined
- Reading Text File from XCode Bundle
- Why doesn't Clang generate the TARGET directory for this Qt project when building on OSX?
- Rails 4 Error with every command “`load': no implicit conversion of nil into String” (Mac OS X 10.9)
- Building a Mac OS X/Cocoa application for distribution with an imported framework
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “How do i install additional packages for Xcode on OSX Lion to allow MacPorts to work”
You probably got Xcode 4.1 from the Mac App Store. In that case, you haven’t got Xcode 4.1 installed. However, you now have an Xcode installer in your Applications directory.
Spotlight should find it in any case.
The command line tools aren’t included in the default install of Xcode anymore.
Goto the Xcode Preferences –> Downloads Pane –> click the Install button beside “Command Line Tools”.
If you don’t have Xcode installed you can get the command line tools separately as explained here..
The App Store installs the XCode installer, not Xcode itself. The installer is in your applications folder. Run that.
Today, 16 Feb 2012, when I installed Xcode 4 from the App Store, there was no Setup. Just the app installed, because it was Xcode 4.3 !
Make sure that you install Xcode 4.2 with UNIX Devel. to MacPorts works!
To get the Xcode 4.2 go to https://developer.apple.com.
- AVAudioRecorder not working on iPhone 5S
- How do you see the specific methods responsible for memory allocation in XCode Instruments?
- Replacement for stringByAddingPercentEscapesUsingEncoding in ios9?
- Error setting text in collection view cell
- How to make a simple collection view with Swift
- listing all files from specified folders in Google Drive through IOS Google Drive SDK
- AVFoundation, how to turn off the shutter sound when captureStillImageAsynchronouslyFromConnection?
- How to apply CAGradientLayer as mask of another CALayer?
- What is the fastest/easiest way – step by step, from the beginning – to “code sign” my Qt app on OS X so that it can be distributed?
- How Scan devices in a LAN network
- Always got nil value from the function in iOS
- User Specific Avatar in JSQMessagesViewController with SDWebImage
- Why is UIWebView canGoBack=NO in iOS7?
- Call history, SMS history, Email history in iOS
- Xcode: Update the project products group with new product name