How do I set these break points in ~/.gdbinit?
Here is a list of break points to put in ~/.gdbinit that are really helpful in debugging memory problems:
fb -[NSException raise] fb -[NSAssertionHandler handleFailureInFunction:file:lineNumber:description:] fb -[NSAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:] #define NSZombies # this will give you help messages. Set to NO to turn them off. set env MallocHelp=YES # might also be set in launch arguments. set env NSZombieEnabled=YES set env NSDeallocateZombies=NO set env MallocCheckHeapEach=100000 set env MallocCheckHeapStart=100000 set env MallocScribble=YES set env MallocGuardEdges=YES set env MallocCheckHeapAbort=1 set env CFZombie 5 fb -[_NSZombie init] fb -[_NSZombie retainCount] fb -[_NSZombie retain] fb -[_NSZombie release] fb -[_NSZombie autorelease] fb -[_NSZombie methodSignatureForSelector:] fb -[_NSZombie respondsToSelector:] fb -[_NSZombie forwardInvocation:] fb -[_NSZombie class] fb -[_NSZombie dealloc] fb szone_error
- nil in gdb is not defined as 0x0?
- iphone Xcode 3.1.4 3.1.2 SDK, watchpoints don't work?
- How to get UIAutomation, Simulator, and Xcode Debugger Running at the same time?
- Xcode 4 exception breakpoint filtering
- GDB Vs LLDB debuggers
- Any way to tell if my iPhone app is running under the debugger at runtime?
Solutions Collect From Internet About “How do I set these break points in ~/.gdbinit?”
The title of this indicates that you are asking how to set these in ~/.gdbinit but the first line of your detailed question indicates that you have the above in ~/.gdbinit?
What, exactly, is the problem, then?
I use something pretty similar and it works fine, but since much of this is fairly intrusive behavioral changes, I put it in a separate file (~/.gdbmem) and then source it as needed.
My ~/.gdbinit is limited almost entirely to macro definitions that don’t otherwise change the debugging session. Thus, the default behavior is minimal impact on debugging and I can source one of 2 additional files full of gdb config goop to automatically apply some relatively intrusive additional configuration to the environment.
- how to change a view from portrait mode to landscape mode and lock it?
- App crashed in iOS 6 when user changes Contacts access permissions
- iOS 8 – App not rotating appropriately
- Cocoa – View-Based NSTableView, using one cell in multiple tables
- iOS 11 disable password autofill accessory view option?
- Swift === with nil
- In IOS MapView, is there an annotation title call back function or a way to set a target?
- Customize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControl
- Alternative to deprecated AudioSessionGetProperty, for iOS 7
- Error in Swift class: Property not initialized at super.init call – How to initialize properties which need use of self in their initializer parameter
- Swift playgrounds with UIImage
- “no such module” on Xcode 7 beta 2
- how to enumerate all available Wifi networks at range?
- How to change the color of the iOS autocorrect suggestion?
- Using “Next” as a Return Key