How do I type using my keyboard on the iphone simulator?
I used to be able to type with my real mac keyboard after launching the iPhone Simulator. Typing with the on-screen simulator keyboard is just horrible when testing with large amounts of text.
No matter what I do, I can’t get my keyboard to type anymore inside the simulator. Even if I have “Simulate Hardware Keyboard” switched ON, it just won’t type anything. Can someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong? Is there no way to type using the real keyboard anymore?
- Downloading and adding ios 5 simulator to the xcode 4.5 and monotouch without xcode components
- Failure to stop executing task in Xcode 4.3
- Xcode6 can't run any app in simulator ( Domain = NSPOSIXErrorDomain, Code = 3 )
- Why won't my Collection View Cells display in the iPhone Simulator?
- How to clear NSLog output from code?
- XCode iPhone simulator does not look like an iPhone
10 Solutions Collect From Internet About “How do I type using my keyboard on the iphone simulator?”
Try trashing the iPhone Simulator preferences file. When my iPhone Simulator stopped responding to keystrokes, this fixed it.
- Quit the simulator.
- Go to finder and press (command+shift+G) then navigate
com.apple.iphonesimulator.plistto the trash.
- Try launching your iPhone app in the simulator again.
Deleting com.apple.iphonesimulator.plist did not help me under Xcode 6.0.1.
Probably, it worked in old Xcode.
But, what works perfectly for me under Xcode 6.0.1, it is new hot Keys in iOS Simulator:
Shift-Command-K Connect/Disconnect Hardware Keyboard Command-K Toggle (Show/Hide) Software Keyboard
And, you know, I really suffered for last 2 months, until found it, and it is very convenient now))
Don’t trash the iPhone simulator preference files. There’s no need to do this.
Look in the simulator’s menu
Hardware ➔ Keyboard. The menu options are:
- iOS Uses Same Layout as OS X
- Connect Hardware Keyboard ⇧⌘K
- Toggle Software Keyboard ⌘K
Ensure option 2 is checked.
If it’s already checked, uncheck it then check it again (you’ll probably want to learn the keyboard shortcuts).
If you find that this hides the on screen keyboard, but you also want this to show, use option 3 to toggle it back on.
If rotating the simulator seems to stop the keyboard working, toggle option two off then back on – this seems to resolve it.
I am using iOS Simulator Version 7.0. While the simulator was running I went to iOS Simulator->Reset Contents and Settings… and reset the simulator from there. That seemed to have done the trick for me. Hope that helps.
This is because you have used changing the orientation of simulator using keyboard shortcuts. Just press cmd on the mac keyboard then start typing.
All I needed to do was quit the simulator and launch it again
com.apple.iphonesimulator.plist worked for me too, but I had to locate it inside the hidden folder
MY PROBLEM WAS KEYBOARD IS SHOWING AND KEYSTROKES NOT DETECTING. AND I FOUND THE SOLUTION:
You don’t need to quit the keyboard.
Try Hardware->Keyboard->Connect Hardware Keyboard directly
If you are developing a React Native app and you cannot refresh (
⌘R) or enable remote debugging (
⌘D) from the iOS simulator, while other keyboard inputs work, make sure you are running a debug build configuration. You can check this with:
Product -> Scheme -> Edit Scheme -> Run -> Info -> Build Configuration -> Debug"
I got this tip from here.
- AVPlayer doesn't show anything
- How to retrieve Alamofire response header for a request
- How to send a UIView element backwards in Swift
- iOS 8 enabled device not receiving PUSH notifications after code update
- Simple title output in ios settings bundle
- Xcode 6.3 Crashes when navigating from storyboard to other Swift 1.2 file
- Dealing with Blocks, completion handlers, dispatch_async vs dispatch_sync
- How to record internal audio from other apps using a private API iOS?
- Passing data to Apple Watch app
- iPhone UIView Animation Best Practice
- How to pause timer from appdelegate in xcode and objective c
- Objective-C/Xcode 6: Best way to have a Search Bar populate a table view?
- Why do I need underscores in swift?
- iphone imageview sequence animation
- pausing spritekit game using appdelegate in ios8