How do you change the app store's large icon on iTunes connect?
I need to change the large app icon (512×512) for app store. I can’t find how to to this through iTunes Connect. I’s possible change the app screenshots though. I read the iTunes manual (page 97) and it says that it can be done but I only have the “choose file” button for screenshots, not for the large icon.
I am also confused because the same manual says on on page 99 that edit-ablity of the large icon is locked.
What am I missing?
- Apple TestFlight No Longer Allows Me Release New Builds To External Testers
- Sending TestFlight invitation mail to External users in different Language
- 'Invalid IPA: the .app must be in a “Payload” (case-sensitive) folder.'
- Xcode 6.4 The Application You Have Selected Does Not Exist
- This action could not be completed. Try Again (-22421)
- How to delete an app which is waiting for upload?
6 Solutions Collect From Internet About “How do you change the app store's large icon on iTunes connect?”
Yes, editing of large icons that are already in use by iTunes Connect is locked, but however, You can still register a new update to Your app, in which You can upload Your new 1024*1024 icon
I think, no need to upload a new build.
Sorry, it’s in French, but I think you get it. You need to scroll a little bit but there you can upload an image file. Best is PNG and size 1024×1024.
I found out that you can change the large app icon if your app is not on sale yet – but the place to change it is well hidden.
1.click on the app in itunes connect
2.click on “view details”
3.click on “edit” button next to Version Information at the top of the page
4.scroll all the way down
I was confused, because I used to know the “upload icon” field from my iOS app, but did not see the field when I wanted to submit my Mac OS X desktop app.
The answer above indicates that you can upload an icon only for updates, which is true for iOS apps, but for Mac OS X apps, you can never upload a separate icon file, instead the 512 icon is uploaded together with your binary bundle:
“Note: You will not be asked to provide a large icon when adding your
Mac OS X app because it will be uploaded later as part of the binary.”
To change the icon from one app-version to the next, after adding the new version to prepare for submission:
- Delete the previous icon by clicking the red (-) on the icon
- Save changes
- Refresh page, and you can choose file to add
Don’t know why but after we delete the icon the link “Choose file” appears to be hidden, but if we save and then reload the page it shows up.
Hope it helps
- Auto Layout to dynamically size uilabel width
- What's the best way to make a HTTP post with custom JSON BODY
- Preventing multiple buttons from being touched at the same time
- Why is NSMetadataQueryDidUpdateNotification being called several times in quick succession?
- In Swift, does Int have a hidden initializer that takes a String?
- MapKit How to pass managedObject from mapView to mapDetailView
- Adding and removing observers to NSNotificationCenter in a UIViewController
- Arrange 3 UIButtons(of equal width) side-by-side
- (Cross-)Compiling Swift for Raspberry PI
- XCode 4.2 stop interface builder auto zooming
- Objective-C: ARC forbids explicit message send of 'retain'
- How to properly format currency on ios
- Listing of all folders of Google Drive through IOS Google Drive SDK
- Swift replace substring regex
- iOS:How to open camera with animation effect?