How to correctly create carthage cartfile?
I’m looking into cartfile. Can’t wait to “simply create a cartfile” like all the instructions say to do.
Only… how do you “simply” create a Cartfile?
I’ve created a plain text document, named it cartfile and copied some dependencies in it.
carthage update inside my root project directory
Get this error: “No such file in directory”
Downloaded an example carthage project and the Cartfile is actually an executable.. So how do I “simply create” a Cartfile, cause there aren’t any instructions on how to
- Can/How Should I replace my KVO stuff with RC3?
- Carthage update error: “GitHub API request failed: Bad credentials”
- Carthage, Xcode 9. “xcodebuild timed out while trying to read *.xcodeproj” error
- Module file was created by an older version of the compiler
- umbrella header for module 'myFramework' does not include header 'otherFramework.h'
- Xcode 9, Carthage. iTunes Connect Error: “Invalid Bundle - Disallowed LLVM instrumentation”
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “How to correctly create carthage cartfile?”
From the command line, navigate to your project directory.
Now the Cartfile is created, make it executable with:
chmod +x [YourDirectory/Cartfile]
You can open it with any text editor. Then insert whatever library and source you want (Example:
github "SwiftyJSON/SwiftyJSON" >= 2.1.2)
Carthage Tutorial: Getting Started is a must read. It explains things much better than the Carthage documentation does.
In a Terminal,
cdto the root directory of the project that you want to add the framework to. This should be the same directory as your *.xcodeproj file.
Create an empty file called Cartfile like this:
Open that file with Xcode:
open -a Xcode Cartfile
Paste the framework info that you need into the Cartfile. For example:
github “stephencelis/SQLite.swift” ~> 0.10.1
Close the file in Xcode and in Terminal run the following command to make Carthage update the dependencies in your project. (You should still be in the same directory as your Cartfile.)
carthage update --platform iOS
- Using the method above, there is no need to change the execution permissions of the Cartfile.
- You will still need to add the framework link to your project before you can use it. See the tutorial I linked to at the top for more information.
- Undefined symbol for architecture i386 compile error caused by CACurrentMediaTime()
- Change default icon for moving cells in UITableView
- ios break nested loop
- Setting frame to Date picker in iOS7
- iOS: Saving audio file visible in iTunes Library
- UILabel + touchDown
- fatal error: can't unsafeBitCast between types of different sizes (using gamekit)
- SetNeedsDisplay not working
- Global Variables for Class Methods
- Charles proxy SSL connections won't show hostnames, only ips
- How to access a variable from inner class
- Getting the parameterised type of a generic in swift?
- nib but didn't get a UITableView
- reloadData() of UITableView with Dynamic cell heights causes jumpy scrolling
- error in __connection_block_invoke_2: Connection interrupted on iPad