How to disable Xcode 5 automatically upgrade xibs to iOS7 appearance
If you open an Xcode 4.x project at Xcode 5 and then open a xib at Interface Builder, you will get an alert:
NOTE: I only have the issues with the forced iOS7 appearance, auto layout is still turned off for me.
And then i accidentally clicked “Alway Upgrade” so Xcode automatically upgrades all my xibs to Xcode 5 and iOS7 prior. But i use Xcode 4.x parallel and it’s very annoying to switching back all the xibs when i accidentally open them in Xcode 5.
Before opened in XCode 5 interface builder:
After opened in XCode 5 interface builder:
I searched in Xcode and on Google to get the way to turn this “feature” off, but i still have no luck about it.
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “How to disable Xcode 5 automatically upgrade xibs to iOS7 appearance”
In the File Inspector for the xib (cmd–opt–1), you can change the “Opens in” popup to say “Xcode 4.6”. This will revert the document format to one that is compatible with Xcode 4.6, but it also means you will not be able to take advantage of some of the new capabilities in Xcode with regards to xibs.
If you want to “reset” the “Always upgrade” choice you made, you can do that by resetting that particular user default using Terminal:
defaults write com.apple.dt.xcode IBAlwaysUpgradeAutolayoutDocuments -bool false
I have tried the above solutions, but as other users pointed out, didn’t seem to work well… Strangely, after downloading Cocktail for Mac, and cleaning up broken preference as well as caches and other junk (which I did just to maintain my aging Mac) the “Always Upgrade” mistake was finally fixed!!
I haven’t bought cocktail, honestly, you can use it for free for ten launches or something. So, you can go ahead and get your Mac cleaned up and fix that burden along the way.
I modified the Dave DeLong’s command to reset the “Always upgrade”. Try it.
defaults write com.apple.dt.xcode IBAlwaysUpgradeAutolayoutDocuments -boolean false
I didn’t have luck with either of these commands, but this one worked for me…
defaults write com.apple.dt.xcode IBAlwaysUpgradeAutolayoutDocuments -int 0
- ASIFormDataRequest works on simulator but not on device?
- popping and pushing view controllers in same action
- How to convert video file to multiform data in swift?
- iOS 8.3 supported orientations crashs
- upload files in background via ftp on iphone
- Apple LLVM compiler 3.1 error
- Subclass UIButton to add a property
- Swift Collection underestimateCount usage
- Display animated GIF in iOS
- Send location information or vCard through SMS on iPhone
- UINavigationBar set tintcolor tested in iOS7 not working?
- Why is Inceptionv3 Machine Learning model not recognized on my project?
- Is there a way to disable transparency on the keyboard in iOS 7?
- Using -setImage on NSButton
- Auto layout how to hide 1 view in a view with 3 equal width views