How to download large files using objective c on iphone
I ve written an app that downloads files from a sever via http. The users will always be on WLAN when using my app. It downloads files of <10MB without any issues but the application just hangs for larger files.
Is there a best practice way to download large files or do i need to implement some form of chunking?
Any code samples would be much appreciated.
- Running iOS app on a different Mac / simulator
- Is it possible to disable the network in iOS Simulator?
- wrong frame size in viewDidLoad
- Unable to run the Simulator The operation couldn’t be completed. (LaunchServicesError error 0.)
- How to change time and timezone in iPhone simulator?
- Xcode 5 cannot run using selected device on iOS simulator
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “How to download large files using objective c on iphone”
I would recommend using
It can download files on the background without blocking your app, and can even hook into into a progress bar or something like that. The “How to use it” provides lots of examples and sample code.
Second on the ASIHTTPRequest library, it really is very good. In addition, try downloading a much smaller part of the file(s) for a given request (I’m assuming they are XML or JSON files). Only get more data if the user is requesting it (eg, user is scrolling past a certain point in a tableview). Something to consider anyway.
- UIKit and unit testing
- HTTP Post Request in Objective-C Not Working
- Force camera view in landscape with orientation lock on
- What player can be used to play transparent video in xcode for playing it in ipad?
- ld: framework not found Stripe for architecture x86_64
- Best practices for Xcode + Git for multi-developer projects
- How to solve Mach-O-Linker error in ios7 & Xcode 5.0.1
- 2 tableview on a single view
- Dark shadow on navigation bar during segue transition after upgrading to Xcode 5.1 and iOS 7.1
- Extract path information from an black&white bitmap image
- How to extend iOS app to tvOS
- iOS UITabBar : Remove top shadow gradient line
- iOS 7: Cannot connect to IBOutlets, probably because I'm using UITableViewController
- AVCaptureSession Record Video With Audio
- Get device token for push notifications after app was deleted