How to generate valid APNS Certificate (.p12) for use in GCM for iOS?
I am trying Google Cloud Messaging sample app for iOS platform. https://developers.google.com/cloud-messaging/ios/start
To generate GoogleServices-Info.plist APNS development and production certificates are needed (PKCS#12 file format).
I have created .p12 file in MAC KeyChain Access (bundling both APNS dev certificate and private key).
But when uploading the .p12 file, it says it is not in valid format
(The certificate must be a valid PKCS12 file).
- How to change IOS badge notification colour from default Red to other colours?
- Identifying the Push Notification Message
- How can I code sign an iOS .xarchive so a client can resign properly? (using push notifications)
- APN custom notification sound issue
- Push Notification is not working?
- didReceiveRemoteNotification: fetchCompletionHandler: open from icon vs push notification
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “How to generate valid APNS Certificate (.p12) for use in GCM for iOS?”
Here’s my solution, without the terminal !
delete your actual certificate ( in Keychain ) : “Apple Development IOS Push Service” & “Apple Production IOS Push Service”
Go to Apple Developer, Identifiers, App IDs, Select “YourApp”, Edit, Push Notification and download the 2 certificates (dev & prod)
import these 2 certificates in Keychain
in Keychain, go to “My Certificates”, find the “Apple Development IOS Push Service” & “Apple Production IOS Push Service”, click on the arrow to expand the Certificate + Key
Select both the the Certificate + Key, Right click “Export 2 items”, you have your .p12 valid certificate ready for upload to GCM Services
For anyone still having this issue, the solution for me was to not select both the key and the certificate for export – rather just export the certificate which ALREADY includes the key.
This problem comes when we use Firefox to upload the .p12 file. In Chrome I am able to upload the same file.
you can select only one also to export in .p12 format..
macApplication > Keychain Access > My Certificates > Export in .p12 format
- iPhone SDK: check if a UIAlertView is showing
- View disassembly in XCode 4 (or Xcode 5 or Xcode 6)
- Sorting array(NSArray) in descending order
- AVAudioRecorder throws errors
- iOS6 Preferred Interface Orientation Not Working
- Animating the presenting view in a UIPresentationController
- Tab bar, reload every time tab is pressed
- Save sensitive data in React Native
- Xcode 7.3 missing Private Frameworks
- Blue banner '%MyApp% is Using Your Location' for app that uses location services only when active
- Difference between associated and raw values in swift enumerations
- '-: unrecognized selector sent to instance' – trying to figure out why
- Using CGContext to display a sprite sheet iPhone
- Correctly parsing through nested JSON using data model for multiple reuse. Swift
- Pass array by reference between viewcontrollers in swift