How to make a mac application support both 32bit and 64 bit systems
I have created one mac application. It is showing 64bit as system requirement. but the app can run in 32bit systems also.
When I checked the Build Settings of the application. I found:
Valid Architecture : i386 x86_64
and according to my knowledge these are intel based 32/64bit systems. But I want to make my application for all the processor and system 32 and 64bit.
How can I do so?? Should I delete them and resubmit the application?
Solutions Collect From Internet About “How to make a mac application support both 32bit and 64 bit systems”
Mac OS X has run on PowerPC (both 32-bit and 64-bit) and Intel (again, both 32-bit and 64-bit) processors. Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard was the last version of Mac OS X that ran on PowerPC machines. So, if your application targets 10.6 or higher, you can’t support PowerPC Macs. For applications supporting 10.5 or lower, it is possible to build a Universal binary that will run on both Intel and PowerPC machines. Xcode 3.2.5 was the last version of Xcode to include support for compiling these Universal binary apps. So, if your really want to target PowerPC machines, you need to install Xcode 3.2.5. The setting you’ve already found is the correct one. In Xcode 3.2.5 and earlier, it will include the option to build for PowerPC.
(Note: It should be possible to set Xcode 4 up to build for PowerPC too, but installing Xcode 3.2.5 is the easier way to go.)
- iOS – old versions of app getting installed from the App Store
- How to upload zip data with alamofire?
- Building iOS project with Jenkins on Ubuntu Linux
- App Delegate crashes because of Firebase initialization
- How to stop NSTimer
- Finding the smallest and biggest value in NSArray of NSNumbers
- Get CellID, MCC, MNC, LAC, Signal strength, quality and Network in iOS 8.3
- What is an alternative to pch in swift?
- Strange behaviour for recursive enum in Swift (Beta 7)
- How to encryption AES 256 CBC in iOS Swift 3 like larvel encrypt() method
- rac_signalForSelector: needs empty implementation
- Swift: shortcut unwrapping of array of optionals
- iOS9: Alternative to UIDevice.currentDevice().setValue(…) to force orientation
- Swift – Seeding arc4random_uniform? Or alternative?
- iOS 5 GM: <Error>: More than maximum 5 filtered album lists trying to register. This will fail