How to make Notification Center Widgets (iOS 5)
iOS 5 introduced Notification Center Widgets and I would like to experiment with those widgets and make custom ones (with a Jailbroken device). I couldn’t quite figure out how to make such a widget. The Widgets (WeeApps) are bundles stored in /System/Library/WeeAppPlugins. It would be great if anyone has already writren a guide or could share how the principal class of a WeeApp has to look like. Ideal would be to have a WeeApp NIC template for theos 🙂
Note: This question is regarding so called WeeApps, system plugins for Notification Center introduced in iOS 5. Not to be confused with Today View Extensions introduced in iOS 8.
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “How to make Notification Center Widgets (iOS 5)”
I don’t want to shameless-plug in here, but I wrote a small tutorial to help you with this.
How to write Notification Center Widgets for iOS (iOS 6 and Below)
Hope it helps you!
Please note this is for iOS widgets running iOS 6 and below – In other words, this is for old jailbreak development. I may write an iOS 8 tutorial eventually, but this one is not it.
OK i think i have found a good way to understand it, a sample widget with full source code available on github: https://github.com/WillFour20/WeeAppTest But whats most helpful is this tutorial and the NIC template for theos mentioned in the tutorial, I already made several widgets using this method and my custom NIC templates. http://weeplugins.com/blog/?p=1
- In Xcode how do I know if my lauch image is working correctly?
- i'm still getting the “The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.” error
- Programmatically Request Access to Contacts
- Separate StoryBoards for iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S
- Update CoreData attribute of type Int32
- Making a Button Call a Phone Number in iOS
- iOS Designated Initializers : Using NS_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER
- How to get a correctly rotated UIImage from an ALAssetRepresentation?
- How to include multiple Xcode projects in a master project
- Save Data to .plist File in Swift
- Shared info.plist between several targets using GCC preprocessor macros for maintaining specific fields
- Boolean ? : operation syntax
- Detect if iOS App is Downloaded from Apple's Testflight
- “f” after number/float in Objective-C/C
- MPMediaItem and iTunes Match