How to make Siri launch app on specific keyword?
When I say “Translate English to Spanish” Siri opens the app Google Translate.
How does Siri know to launch this app and is it possible to register your app for certain keywords with Siri?
- Custom setter for @property?
- iOS - Handling pushed notifications with APNS
- How to allow only single UIViewController to rotate in both Landscape and Portrait direction?
- Maximum number of topics on Google Cloud Messaging
- How to launch iOS Simulator in specific language from command line?
- Swift - Could not cast value of type 'UITabBarController'
Solutions Collect From Internet About “How to make Siri launch app on specific keyword?”
Usually you can open an app telling Siri something like:
“Open [APP NAME]”
In your case I guess Siri is not interpreting the sentence. When you say
Translate English to Spanish Siri does try to understand what action should take and since no action with an hight Matching Rate is found then Siri tries to open the App having a name equals to the first word of your sentence.
In Italian language the app is named
Traduttore. When I say
Traduci dall'italiano all'inglese (Translate English to Spanish) Siri does NOT open the translator because
Traduttore does not match
If I say:
Musica dall'italiano all'inglese (Music italian to english) which is not a real command, Siri does open the Music app.
Siri and third parties apps
Right now the interaction between Siri and third parties apps is pretty limited, however maybe in the future Apple will provide the tools for a deeper interaction.
Maybe something like what is happening with HomeKit where Apple created an interface to make Siri and Home Devices to talk each other.
- Xcode says some of my pods are not PIEs, is this fine?
- Update storyboard constraint using code
- How to get UITouch location from UIGestureRecognizer
- Convert GPS coordinates to a city name / address in Swift
- Multiple Pass Core Data Migration In Chunks With iOS
- '+entityForName: nil is not a legal NSManagedObjectContext parameter – Core Data
- Are storyboards going to work on ios 4?
- Questions about Universal application in Xcode 4
- NSLocalizedString with format
- Geofencing didEnterRegion,didExitRegion function not Calling in iphone 5S iOS8.1
- How to automatically set the version and build number of a Watchkit app target
- Restore Purchase : Non-Consumable
- How to execute a block of code in IOS7 not in IOS6?
- Display an image or UIImage with a plain CALayer
- How to set a custom view's intrinsic content size in Swift?