how to set attributes in NSAttributedString in iOS?
I’m trying to set the infamous NSFontAttributeName property of an NSAttributedString in iOS but it just doesn’t seem to work:
- first off, none of the NS constants seem defined for iOS
- I read somewhere that I could instead work around it by passing
the CoreText consts instead. Fine… but still, The attribute
expects an NSFont and I’m stuck with UIFont or CTFontRef, neither of
which seems to work:
this doesn’t work:
CTFontRef ctFont = CTFontCreateWithName((CFStringRef)[UIFont boldSystemFontOfSize:16].fontName, [UIFont boldSystemFontOfSize:16].pointSize, NULL); [myAttString addAttribute:(NSString*)kCTFontNameAttribute value:(id)ctFont range:NSMakeRange(0, myAttString.length-1)];
this doesn’t work:
[myAttString addAttribute:(NSString*)kCTFontNameAttribute value:[UIFont boldSystemFontOfSize:16] range:NSMakeRange(0, myAttString.length-1)];
Is there anyway to make this work?
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “how to set attributes in NSAttributedString in iOS?”
I found it!
basically, turns out the string constant for the dictionary key I should been using is kCTFontAttributeName
This whole thing is a show…
The NS constants and full attributedString support will be there. Not yet in iOS5 though.
The CoreText constants do work and CTFontRef is the way I use it as well. The first block of your code should work. Can you verify your other bits of code that the problem ain’t elsewhere.
do this way:
let paragraphStyle = NSMutableParagraphStyle() paragraphStyle.alignment = .center let attributes = [NSParagraphStyleAttributeName : paragraphStyle, NSFontAttributeName : UIFont.systemFont(ofSize: 24.0), NSForegroundColorAttributeName : UIColor.blue, ] let attrString = NSAttributedString(string: "Stop\nall Dance", attributes: attributes)
- NSAllowsArbitraryLoads not working
- Node movement lag in Spritekit, Xcode
- detect if a point is inside a MKPolygon overlay
- spacing between UITableViewCells
- Categories in Objective-C aren't working
- Save custom objects into NSUserDefaults
- ObjC ARC contraction (clang crash)
- Get Date and Time from Apple Server
- How to remove common letters in two Strings in iOS SDK?
- Swift: Table view superclass error
- Can't get UITextField to autoshrink text
- xcode 5 archive build fail, but normal build successfully
- UICollectionView registerClass: forCellWithReuseIdentifier method breaks UICollectionView
- How do I save a UIImage to a file?
- How to extract/split numbers and string out from NSString