How to show the Logged Messages window in Xcode
I’m a very new Cocoa user and running into all sorts of problems…
I’m trying to get the content of an Array and found this code to do this.
NSLog(@”array : %@”,collection);
The problem is, I’m not getting any console or tracer window that shows this ‘echo’
Is there another command I should use, i’ve tried opening all windows but I don’t see the message that should show. I know the function that this call is in is executed, so the reference is right.
Thanks and sorry for these beginner questions… Using stackoverflow is way faster than reading through all the documentation apple has regarding the subject.
5 Solutions Collect From Internet About “How to show the Logged Messages window in Xcode”
When Xcode runs your project, the editor changes to show a little black button with the letters “GDB” in it. Click on that to see the Debugger which has the console in it.
Oh, and I would read Apple’s documentation. It’s not that bad.
From the ‘Run’ menu, choose ‘Console’ – keyboard shortcut is Shift-Cmd-R.
If you want to see it every time you run your application select the “Debugging” tab from the preferences window and change the box that says “On Start” to “Show Console”.
Additionally i like to check the “Auto Clear Debug Console” checkbox which will clear out the text of the output on starting your application.
In the Xcode menu hit Run – Console. This is where NSLog / print / printf etc statements output.
The key command is Command + Shift + R.
The cocoa toString() method is called description as well.
NSLog(@"array : %@",collection);
NSLog(@"array : %@",[collection description]);
Which will then call description on each of the collections elements.
In later versions of xcode, do shift + cmd + R.
Or go to View -> Debug Area -> Activate Console
- Calculating tiles to display in a MapRect when “over-zoomed” beyond the overlay tile set
- Converting NSString to NSDate (and back again)
- Share photo to Instagram from my iOS App
- How to save video from assets url
- How to run Alamofire library
- Firebase limit on the number of observers/listeners
- encodeWithCoder: unrecognized selector sent to instance
- UITableView example for Swift
- How to pass the touch event to superview when userInteractionEnabled = YES?
- Where is the Xcode checkbox “Translates Autoresizing Mask Into Constraints”
- ios Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) not receiving remote notifications
- Make a UIViewPropertyAnimator never complete
- How to filter Firebase data in Swift?
- objective-c loading data from excel
- How to present an AlertView from a UICollectionViewCell