How to use Instrument in iOS
I have run my app with instrument and i m getting a memory leak but i dont know at which point that memory leak is happening.
How will i know at which point memory is leaking.
- Can the UI Automation instrument be run from the command line?
- Memory leak on presentModalViewController
- What is UIATargetHasGoneAWOLException while operating iphone with UIAutomation through Instruments.
- Why am I seeing “An error occurred while trying to run the script.” in the UI Automation instrument?
- iOS - i receive memory warnings but have no idea why
- Can't run Instruments from Xcode
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “How to use Instrument in iOS”
It says responsible library is quartzcore, and it is only 16 bytes. As long as it is not in the app and the OS is causing the same, you cant do much about this. I would recommend you to ignore this.
If you are facing issues, check the allocation tool -> Live bytes section and check if memory is shooting up when you are selecting a lot of images at the same time.
Check out this article “Actually finding a memory management error with Instruments”, from the big nerd ranch. Creating “heapshots” is a good way to start narrowing down the code parts that show no obvious memory management errors at first glance. But as ACB stated already, if a system library is leaking (rare case) there’s not much you can do about it. But most of the time the memory issue is always in your apps’ code somewhere! 🙂
I can see from your screenshot that your app is already running in your device/simulator and you are trying to run it again with instrument, try to close your app completely from device and then start it again with instrument.
You can read more details about Xcode instrument from Apple.developer InstrumentsUserGuide
Also I have found another good tutorial about this in Raywenderlich blog
Another good documents is here
- UISearchDisplayController “No Results” text
- Dealloc method in iOS and setting objects to nil
- Code migration from Swift 2.x to Swift 4
- Group table view background color is deprecated in ios 6.0
- Play audio from AVAudioPCMBuffer with AVAudioEngine
- Is it possible to disable Control Center in iOS 7 programmatically and if not, what are alternatives?
- Objective-C is @synthesize required or optional?
- Cannot assign value of type '() -> Void' to type '(() -> Void)!'
- Detect phone calls on iOS with CTCallCenter (Swift)
- opening and closing other UIViewControllers – any other approaches than to use protocol & delegate?
- Swift dictionary bug?
- How to Find Nearby iOS Devices (GPS locations) using same app
- What does deployment target mean?
- iOS :How to get Facebook Album Photo's Picker
- In XCode, is there a way to disable the timestamps that appear in the debugger console when calling NSLog?