Http Live Streaming for iPhone and why we use .m3u8 file
I have done all that from This
I have also made .ts and m3u8 file. In local server and live server i can play mp4 file like
<video width="320" height="240" controls="controls" autoplay="autoplay"> <source src="movie.mp4" type="video/mp4" /> </object> </video>
But i have problem with playing .m3u8 file
<video width="320" height="240" controls="controls" autoplay="autoplay"> <source src="movie.m3u8" type="video/m3u8" /> </object> </video>
My mediafilesegmenter created two .ts file and one .m3u8 . My m3u8 file is
#EXTM3U #EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:10 #EXT-X-VERSION:4 #EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:0 #EXT-X-PLAYLIST-TYPE:VOD #EXT-X-I-FRAMES-ONLY #EXTINF:1.0117, #EXT-X-BYTERANGE:8084@376 fileSequence0.ts #EXTINF:1.0117, #EXT-X-BYTERANGE:7332@36096 and so on....
So is there any problem in mime.types because i wrote all the confusions in mime.types see like –
application/x-mpegURL m3u8 video/MP2T ts AddType appliction/x-mpegURL m3u8 AddType video/MP2T ts #application/x-mpegURL m3u8 #video/MP2T ts application/x-mpegURL.m3u8 video/MP2T.ts #application/x-mpegURL.m3u8 #video/MP2T.ts #AddType application/x-mpegURL m3u8 #AddType video/MP2T ts #AddType application/x-mpegURL.m3u8 #AddType video/MP2T.ts AddType application/x-mpegURL.m3u8 AddType video/MP2T.ts
I can’t play .m3u8 file in VLC and got that error Link
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Http Live Streaming for iPhone and why we use .m3u8 file”
As long as your conf is
AddType application/x-mpegURL .m3u8 AddType video/MP2T .ts
it should work for apache. I’m not sure if it’s your .ts or .m3u8 problem, so I suggest the following:
- Download example .ts and .m3u8 file from Apple and test them on your server
- check if there is empty lines in the index file, as this question
The video tag source type
video/m3u8 is not valid on the iOS platform. I suggest you simply omit declaring the source attribute, which is not required.
If you really want to specify the source type, i.e. to allow non-compatible clients to select another source, I have found that
The m3u8 you’re using was generated for seeking only. See
EXT-X-I-FRAMES-ONLY as described here: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/technotes/tn2288/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40012238-CH1-I_FRAME_PLAYLIST
- SKNode position not working, always going to default 0,0
- UICollectionView, simply fit cell to width?
- Too many open files iOS
- FB Login using Swift 3 not returning any values and not get back the user to the App after successful login
- “EXC_BAD_ACCESS” when switch too fast between an tableView and a mapView
- “Invalid Image Path ”, although CFBundleIcons is not present in .plist file
- Sort a Dictionary in Swift
- Load a UIView from nib in Swift
- How to remove a null value from NSDictionary
- iOS 9 Xcode 7 – Application appears with black bars on top and bottom
- Keeping the game paused after app become active?
- What is proper way to get ETA (estimated time arrival) from any location to my current location
- Validation for input string is CivilID or not?
- How to make your push notification Open a certain view controller?
- How does one compare one image to another to see if they are similar by a certain percentage, on the iPhone?