Implementing a CoverFlow View
I have to create a view where I have to put in a CoverFlow of Images.
How can I crete it?
There would be images with labels that can explain the image.
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Implementing a CoverFlow View”
There are plenty of ways to do it
- If you application is iOS6+ only and don’t need to support iOS5, you can use UICollectionView to implement it. You will need to build some custom layout — see session 219 of WWDC’12 here after you have logged in using your Apple ID. You can also find plenty of tutorials on the net, simply google for the
- If you need to support iOS5 or earlier, or if you don’t want to build your own custom
UICollectionViewLayout, you can use some of the already made classes — there are a lot of them around on the net. One of the most famous being iCaroussel on github, which is free, compatible with multiple versions of iOS (not only iOS6), and allows you to do almost every kind of caroussel, including
iCarouselTypeCoverFlow2types (see the README on its github)
A UICollectionView in iOS6 will allow you to do this. Look at the WWDC 2012 Videos (on developer.apple.com):
- Session 205 – Introducing Collection Views
- Session 219 – Advanced Collection Views and Building Custom Layouts
To get the videos:
- Login to developer.apple.com and click on “iOS Dev Center” (on the left)
- Then under “Development Videos” (on the left) click on WWDC 2012
- You may be prompted to sign-in again but after that you can just click on the video
- All the WWDC 2012 videos are also available on iTunesU
The videos also show example code.
There is also example code on Github:
- UIActivityViewController crashing on iOS8 iPads
- Bidi Right to Left Language in Firemonkey Mobile
- Cocoa thread synchronisation when using
- Is it possible for UIStackView to scroll?
- How to add annotation in Mapview with image and label in IPhone?
- How to change tint color of UIAlertController?
- iOS Setters and Getters and Underscored Property Names
- Automatically copy property values from one object to another of a different type but the same protocol (Objective-C)
- as! vs as operator in Xcode 6.3 in Swift
- iOS Facebook Graph Request multiple picture sizes
- iOS: (Swift) How to show distance from current location and exist annotation on annotation subtitle
- “There was an internal API error.” while running an app on any iPhone/iPod-touch device
- Cocoa without Interface Builder, initialize an instance of app controller?
- Which directories are deleted in the sandbox of an App during update