Implementing a CoverFlow View
I have to create a view where I have to put in a CoverFlow of Images.
How can I crete it?
There would be images with labels that can explain the image.
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Implementing a CoverFlow View”
There are plenty of ways to do it
- If you application is iOS6+ only and don’t need to support iOS5, you can use UICollectionView to implement it. You will need to build some custom layout — see session 219 of WWDC’12 here after you have logged in using your Apple ID. You can also find plenty of tutorials on the net, simply google for the
- If you need to support iOS5 or earlier, or if you don’t want to build your own custom
UICollectionViewLayout, you can use some of the already made classes — there are a lot of them around on the net. One of the most famous being iCaroussel on github, which is free, compatible with multiple versions of iOS (not only iOS6), and allows you to do almost every kind of caroussel, including
iCarouselTypeCoverFlow2types (see the README on its github)
A UICollectionView in iOS6 will allow you to do this. Look at the WWDC 2012 Videos (on developer.apple.com):
- Session 205 – Introducing Collection Views
- Session 219 – Advanced Collection Views and Building Custom Layouts
To get the videos:
- Login to developer.apple.com and click on “iOS Dev Center” (on the left)
- Then under “Development Videos” (on the left) click on WWDC 2012
- You may be prompted to sign-in again but after that you can just click on the video
- All the WWDC 2012 videos are also available on iTunesU
The videos also show example code.
There is also example code on Github:
- How to track crash in IOS5?
- Store additional associated infomation in a UIView
- How do I save the contents of a UIWebView as an image
- Accurate timing in iOS
- UIView/CALayer: Transform triggers layoutSubviews in superview
- round trip Swift number types to/from Data
- How to Increase Line spacing in UILabel in Swift
- finding out days remain from array of dates
- Able to write/read file but unable to delete file SWIFT
- Show dynamic annotation pin in mapview
- How to get last frame from video?
- Change app name in apple store of an already released/available iOS app
- Connect to VPN programmatically in iOS 8
- iOS 8.3 UIAlertController crashes when trying to add a textfield
- Comparing text in UITextView?