In Xcode 4 GM, how do I turn on LLDB? All I see is GDB
In the scheme run debugger popup, all it shows is ‘None’ and ‘GDB’. This is for an iPad 4.2 simulator built with LLVM.
- symbolicatecrash with XCode 4.2 not symbolicating system symbols
- How do you perform wireless debugging in Xcode 9 with iOS 11, Apple TV 4K, etc?
- Is there a way to set a breakpoint at the start of any NSLog statement?
- Xcode - can't find Debug View Hierarchy button
- Xcode “Run With Performance Tool” disabled?
- objective C track all method calls?
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “In Xcode 4 GM, how do I turn on LLDB? All I see is GDB”
You can’t. In words of an Apple employee, LLDB is not available for iOS development yet. As of july 2011 it is unknown when LLDB will become available for iOS.
In Xcode 4.0.2 your only option is GDB. In Xcode 4.2 you have LLDB as an option, but you can’t use it:
The LLDB project doesn’t list a date for iOS support. The FAQ says:
Q: What targets does LLDB currently support?
Mac OS X native debugging
for i386 and x86_64 targets.
And the WWDC 2011 sessions that talk about LLDB (eg: 321 Migrating to LLDB) don’t mention anything about iOS devices.
LLDB is shipping with XCode 4.0.1 that you can buy from Apple’s AppStore.
You only have to switch to LLDB. You can do that by pressing Option key when clicking on “Run” and choose LLDB instead of CDB (third drop down box on Info tab).
Here’s XCode (can be found in “About XCode) that I have:
Version: 4.0 (4A1006) Location: /Developer Applications: Xcode: 4.0.1 (99) Instruments: 4.0 (3538) Dashcode: 3.0.2 (333) SDKs: Mac OS X: 10.6: (4A1006) iPhone OS: 3.2: (7B500) 4.3: (8F191m) iPhone Simulator: 3.2: (7W367a) 4.0: (8A400) 4.1: (8B117) 4.2: (8C134) 4.3: (8F192)
LLDB debugging is enabled in iOS with the release of Xcode 4.3.
- How to dismiss ViewController in Swift?
- How to make an universal iOS library for both Objective-C and Swift?
- UICollectionView: current index path for page control
- xcode 4.3 – storyboard – iAd keeps moving
- Phonegap IOS – Plugin Push Setup
- Leaks using GKStateMachine in a Subclass
- PDF Parsing with SWIFT
- Fetch the battery status of my MacBook with Swift
- handleTurnEventForMatch:didBecomeActive: callbacks only arriving some of the time
- Total height of SCNNode childNodes
- Why / how could NSUInteger be returning a NEGATIVE number?
- Use NSManagedObject class without initWithEntity:?
- What do these symbols (-fno-objc-arc) mean?
- What's the difference between path and URL in iOS?
- Convert NSDate to mm/dd/yyyy